Air conditioners experience wear and tear over time and use. Eventually, your air conditioner will break down and you will need repair. Unfortunately, you may have to wait anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days for repairs. No matter how long you wait, it can be uncomfortable and even miserable. Today, we at Air Supply Air Conditioning & Heating would like to offer some tips on how you can cool things down a bit while waiting for AC repairs.
Can You Keep House Cool Without AC While Waiting for Repair Service?
1) Block Direct Sunlight. The sun beaming through your windows adds quite a bit of heat to the inside of your home unless you have tinted windows. Keeping the sun blocked is especially needed when the AC is out. Cover your windows by shutting your blinds and curtains. You can cover your windows with something reflective, like a car heat shield or some aluminum foil in an emergency or especially hot area.
2) Change Clothes into Something Cooler. While you wait for air conditioning maintenance and repair, where loose, lightweight clothing that doesn’t trap body heat, and allows more air to circulate around your body so you can stay cool. Consider loose clothes made of cotton, linen, rayon, nylon, or
silk. If you have swim gear and a pool, that can help tremendously.
3) Maintain Hydration & Avoid Cooking. To help keep your body temperature down and keep you hydrated as you sweat it out waiting, frequently sip on a cold beverage, preferably water. Because these ingredients dehydrate your body, and may end up making you feel sick, avoid drinks that contain a lot of sugar or alcohol. Cooking indoors can dramatically increase the temperature of your home, so either order out or maybe use the BBQ grill outside.
4) Use Ceiling Fans. Though they do not have the power to cool, circulating the air in your home can help dramatically. Strategically place fans throughout your home and have spray bottles around to periodically mist yourself down to keep yourself cool. Ensure all ceiling fans rotating in a counterclockwise direction. This helps keeps your house more comfortable as the fans push down cool air toward the floor.
5) Understand the Limitations. It can take a little time to get to you during periods of high demand. Customers are important and experts want to help you repair your residential air conditioning as fast as possible. It’s important to know your limits as you wait. It is important to not stay in in a house with rising temperatures for too long. It can be a health hazard and lead to serious injury. If possible, consider packing the family and pets up and stay with friends or family if the wait is extended.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
When your air conditioner needs repair in the Las Vegas, NV Desert, you can count on Air Supply Air Conditioning & Heating for quality AC repairs. We do everything possible to get to your home as quickly as we can because we know the brutal summers here can cause discomfort. Call us today if you have problems with your air conditioning.