Famous for being highly effective and efficient at keeping your home comfortable are heat pumps. Unfortunately, they aren’t infallible though these systems may offer some unique advantages. Over time and use, heat pumps can wear down and run into trouble. When your heat pump is not operating to its full potential, you need a professional to make the repairs. The professionals are readily available with the right equipment and products to make full diagnostics and quality repairs. Today, we at Air Supply Air Conditioning & Heating would like to share the signs your heat pump is in need of repair.
Signs Your Heat Pump is Struggling to Cool Your Home this Summer
When you are trying to figure out whether or not you need to schedule repairs for your heat pump system, it helps to know what to look for. Below are the primary warning signs the heat pump needs a pro.
1) Strange Sounds are Coming from the Heat Pump System. If your heat pump has gotten noisy lately, this may mean that it is struggling with a repair need. Sounds that all indicate different potential repair needs include noises such as rattling, clanging, hissing, and screeching sounds. In order to see if this is out of the norm so you know if it is a good idea to get your heat pump checked, you can always describe what you are hearing to a technician.
2) Reduced Cooling is Noticeable. There is a lot of doubt that you will be happy when your system is heating up your home during the summertime, though a heat pump is praised for the fact that it can both cool and heat your home.
3) Heat Pump is Short Cycling. When your heat pump shuts itself off before completing an entire cooling cycle, it is known as short cycling. The short cycling can range from a shortened 10-minute-long cycle to a cycle that only lasts a few brief minutes. Short cycling can lead to spiked energy bills, reduced comfort, and added strain on your system, which will inevitably result in an early replacement.
4) The Air flow has Weakened. The heat pump should be producing a steady stream of cool air throughout the house. It is best to have a technician check your system out if you have noticed weaker airflow throughout the house or even just one part of the house.
5) Energy Bills have Skyrocketed. Monitoring your energy bills is a good way to identify if there are any problems. Though spiked energy bills can come from a number of sources, the cooling system is often the culprit. You may be able to notice a warning sign of trouble from an energy bill that reflects large increases in electricity use if your heat pump is struggling to do its job, even if it isn’t impacting your comfort yet.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
It is always a good investment to have a licensed technician come to your home if you notice any of these warning signs, or you pick up on any other strange developments in your heat pump system. No matter if you are in need of maintenance, repair, or installation services, Air Supply Air Conditioning & Heating can service your heat pump in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas. Call us today!