We get cold enough that we rely on our heating systems to keep us warm and comfortable, though the Vegas Desert doesn’t have extreme winters like some parts of the country. Most homeowners want their furnaces to last as long as possible, especially since they are relatively expensive. The furnace’s lifespan can be affected in a significant way, both positively and negatively. With that in mind, we at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning would like to discuss how you can reduce and maximize the furnace’s lifespan.
How Long Does a Furnace Last?
Nailing down the specifics of your furnace’s life expectancy is not an exact science since not all furnaces are built the same. A well-made furnace should last 30 years or more from a top provider. No-name furnace from an unknown source might give you under 10 years of service a lesser quality. However, furnaces last around 15-20 years on average.
Why Do Furnaces Lose Efficiency Over Time?
There are a number of circumstances that can shorten the life of your furnace. The common reasons contributing to a lesser lifespan are listed below.
1) Dirt, Debris, and Dust Buildup: The dust and dirt can build up inside the furnace over time, this will cause the appliance to work harder, expediting the wear and tear that leads to breakdowns. keep your furnace clean through routine maintenance.
2) Poor Ventilation: If your home is not properly ventilated it can cause the furnace to work harder and overheat. Make certain your home is well-ventilated and you manage the vents and registers.
3) Shoddy Installation: A furnace that is not installed properly will obviously break down. Ensure you hire a qualified technician that has positive customer reviews to make sure installation is done right.
How to Extend Life of Furnace
To help the furnace last until it is projected expectancy, or even longer, consider applying the following steps.
1) Invest in High-Quality Equipment: You can almost always find the longest lifespan warranties from the top furnace brands. When it comes time to replace your furnace, make sure you do your research and buy from a reputable company.
2) Keep the Furnace Clean: Routine maintenance is the easiest way to keep it running smoothly and efficiently. In addition to cleaning out dust and dirt and be sure to replace filters regularly, check for any problems with ventilation or overheating. If you find that your home is not well ventilated as well, consider installing a ventilation system.
3) Any Problems Need to be Repaired ASAP: If you should notice anything wrong with your furnace, like a rattling sound, an odd smell, or abnormal noises and odors, have it looked at by a professional as soon as possible to avoid breakdowns and major damage. Regular maintenance is the key to having a long life for your furnace. Without breaking the bank by following these tips, you can help ensure that your home stays warm all winter long.
Furnace Heating Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Call in the professionals of Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning and let us take care of your furnace for professional maintenance, repairs, installation, and replacements in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas.