Do you wake up every morning with a sore throat? Have you got a cough that seems to last all winter long? How about a runny nose and watery eyes? Asthma or chronic bronchitis? You may have poor air quality in your home or business! It is quite common to have poor air quality in the winter months as we seal ourselves inside until the warm weather returns. The air quality can actually be 10 to 100 times worse indoors! Fortunately, there are some fairly easy ways to improve the air quality in homes and businesses during the winter months and Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning can help.
Causes of Poor Indoor Air Quality in Winter
How many people use candles, air fresheners or plug-ins to cover-up smells? Using these items can add to the toxins in the air and ultimately when the short term pleasant odor is gone, the air quality is worse. During the winter time, with the use increased use of dryers, ovens, heaters, showers and really anything that can add humidity to the air, increases the risk of mold and mildew growth. Mold and mildew will give a musty smell to the air and are bad for your health. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning offers both humidifiers and dehumidifiers to best meet your needs as it is hard to maintain a good balance; not enough humidity causes your skin to dry and crack while too much humidity promotes mold growth and also offers an inviting environment for many of the pests that you would prefer stayed outside!
How Can I Purify the Air in My Home?
Please find following some of the things that can be done to improve the air quality in your home or business.
– Open Windows. This has some mixed feedback. Opening the windows on nice days will allow for fresh air to fill the rooms. However, you must consider the air quality that surrounds your home or business as it may be filled with all kinds of pollution. High traffic, gas stations and manufacturing businesses are just some of the causes of pollution. If you live in areas with lots of open spaces – jack-pot!
– Groom Pets. Pet dander and fur build up in your home no matter what you do. But in the winter months due to the cold, many people keep pets inside more and bathe them less. Weekly baths and regularly washing pet bedding will help to keep pet dander and fur levels down.
– Change Air Filters. Air filters keep the ducts from collecting allergens, dander, fur and lint etc. Dirty air filters are the #1 reason for HVAC system failure as they make your system work harder. Air Supply recommends that you change your filters every month during the winter time. If you are too busy or are unsure of the specific filters your system needs, Air Supply can inspect, clean and replace your filters for you.
– Air Duct Cleaning. Even if you are diligent about changing your filters monthly there are particles that make it into your ducts, and are distributed through the home. Air Supply offers air duct, bathroom exhaust and dryer vent cleaning to remove these particles and help you breathe better.
– Install Air Purifiers. These are worth the investment. They do not cover up odors but actually clean the air with noticeable improvements almost instantly! Air Supply can help supply and install the latest air filtration systems, humidifiers, dehumidifiers and air decontaminating UV lamps.
– Maintain Proper Ventilation. Having proper ventilation for the many appliances that are used daily is important in having healthy air in the home. Fumes from gas fired appliances, space heaters, furnaces, fire places, and water heaters release gases and particles into the air, even inside your home.
Forced Air Furnace Heating Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Contact Air Supply today and let us give you a healthier and happier place to live or work!