As we inch closer into fall weather, Las Vegans are probably turning the heat up a bit, at least here and there as we endure cold nights and warmer days. This weather pattern is a sign that you will need your heating system soon. Fall is the ideal season to get your furnace tuned up. You may not realize that regular furnace maintenance is just as important in the long-term performance of your heating and cooling system, though you already know the importance of calling for heating repair when your system fails to function properly. Offering amazing returns on your investment, furnace tune-ups are a powerful preventive tool that should be taken advantage of. Today, we at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning would like to stress the importance of furnace tune-ups.
Why it is Necessary to Have Your Furnace Serviced
The best way to prolong its lifetime, keep the heating system healthy, and ensure you’re getting the greatest efficiency possible from it each year is keeping the furnace or heating system in good shape. Your older HVAC system will be much more likely to lose efficiency quickly and runs a higher risk of failure, particularly during high-use periods when the weather is coldest without a furnace tune-up every year. You won’t have to worry about high heating costs, pending breakdowns, or heating system replacement in the near future when you invest in furnace tune-ups by professional HVAC technicians protect the remaining lifespan of your heating system.
Saving Money is One of the Benefits of Furnace Maintenance
You may wonder whether it’s really necessary to schedule a heating tune-up before winter especially if your furnace or heat pump has been performing well over the past few years. As they function throughout the season, heating systems incur normal wear and tear. Leading to higher-than-necessary heating bills comes with a decrease in furnace efficiency over time. Scheduling a furnace tune-up each year to check and clean your system is the only way to ensure your energy bills remain consistently as low as possible. Additionally, correcting any efficiency losses associated with yearly use to restore your heating system to like-new condition and top-level performance with reverses the effects of wear and tear.
What is Included in a Furnace Tune-Up?
– Cleaning the Blower Compartment. Airborne dirt and dust are continuously being drawn in by the HVAC system. A contributing to higher energy costs is a dirty blower wheel works less efficiently.
– Inspection and adjustment Wiring. You can potentially prevent malfunctions and the need for costly repairs through tightening wires and checking connections.
– Adjusting the Burner. To maximize furnace efficiency, clean and adjust the furnace’s burners will help.
– Inspection. The heat exchanger, gas pressure and flame operation are all inspected.
– Cleaning or Replacement the Air Filters. Both the energy efficiency of your furnace and your indoor air quality are affected by the cleanliness of your air filter. Essentially to keeping your furnace running smoothly is regular cleaning or replacement.
– Assessment. To ensure their proper functioning is done through the igniter or pilot light inspection.
– Duct Connections and Air Flow is Checked. Making sure air is flowing properly through your system and throughout the house is done with a performance check.
– Safety and Efficiency Performance. The less energy you’ll waste and the more money you’ll save on utility bills, the more efficient your furnace. Check for carbon monoxide leaks that can be dangerous to your family as well.