It’s easy to take for granted and forget about your HVAC unit when it’s doing its job and keeping the temperature in your home cool and comfortable. If you are starting to experience problems with your HVAC unit on a regular basis, or your unit is ten years old or older, replacing your air conditioning and heating system may be more cost-effective than paying for consistently expensive repairs. The experts at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning have provided the following information on why and when you should replace your HVAC system.
Why Should I Replace My Home AC System?
1. AC repair costs are rising: If your HVAC is an older model and you are experiencing breakdowns and issues frequently, it’s most likely time to invest in a new one. Frequent breakdowns can be serious and costly. Contacting your Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning expert to discuss replacement options makes much better sense. Your wallet will thank you in the long run.
2. Home is getting uncomfortably warm: If your Airconditioning unit can no longer meet your demands, replacing your existing unit is the next best option, especially when repairs are not working.
3. Energy bills are steadily increasing: the older the unit and the longer it runs, the less efficient it will become; this is especially true for older HVAC systems. Some of the parts can start to wear down and stop functioning as well as they once did. Newer HVAC systems are more energy efficient than their older counterparts which helps save money on your cooling and heating needs.
4. Carbon monoxide is a severe risk to your health: Due to the age of your system, cracks can develop in the heat exchanger over time. Failing to schedule regular inspections and maintenance can result in small amounts of carbon monoxide leaking through these cracks. Even in small quantities, carbon monoxide exposure can cause headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, and sometimes death.
5. You run the risk of a catastrophic breakdown: If your system continues to shut down regardless of repairs, you may soon experience a catastrophic breakdown that will take your HVAC unit out once and for all leaving you hot and uncomfortable and potentially leaving you with an emergency after-hours installation. Plan and schedule your installation during the off-peak season when installation services are less expensive.
Other factors for consideration include the age of the unit, environmental impact, replacement incentives, technological advances, and expired or voided warranties on your existing HVAC unit.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
The best way to avoid unnecessary repairs and replacements is to keep up with regular inspections and maintenance. Naturally, older HVAC systems are prone to breakdowns; discuss your concerns with your Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning professional. Budgeting and planning for a replacement now is better than scrambling at the last moment.
To learn more about HVAC inspections, repairs, maintenance, and new installations for your Las Vegas, NV, home, contact the Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning specialists today.