When your AC is on, you should hear a certain amount of noise as it does its work. There are so many working parts within your system that there will always be some noise. However, if you notice that there are loud and strange noises coming from your AC unit, there is almost always something that needs to be adjusted or repaired. There are a number of different problems that can lead to loud AC noises. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about some of the noises that you might be hearing coming from your AC unit and what they mean.
Why is My AC Making Such a Loud Noise?
Like mentioned above, there are many working parts that make up your AC unit. If there is something wrong with one of them, it can cause loud noises to occur. Here are some of the parts that can lead to loud, strange AC noises.
– Condenser: Anytime you hear a banging noise coming from your unit, it can be alarming. This is often indicative of a problem with your condenser. This can be caused by a few different issues. You might have a broken fan motor, too much accumulated dust and dirt, some loose screws, or a failing part that simply needs to be replaced.
– Belts & Motors: Sometimes, the noises that are coming from your AC could resembling squealing or screeching. If this is the case, there is a good chance that there is a faulty belt or the motor is on its last leg and needs to be looked at.
– Coils & Blades: If you have noticed a pulsating noise coming from your unit, it wouldn’t be completely abnormal. However, it becomes a problem when the pulsating starts to become more and more frequent. Often, the problem will be fan blade or a coil that is loose and needs some attention.
– Leaks: Refrigerant leaks can cause your unit to stop cooling entirely if the leak is bad enough. You may notice a hissing noise when this is the case. The refrigerant is located in high pressure lines that will make a hissing noise when there is leak somewhere.
– Blockages: Your AC unit has a condensate drain that gets rid of the moisture that is removed from the air in your home. Where there is a blockage in that drain, it can cause problems that wind up making the unit click repeatedly.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have noticed that there are noises that aren’t normal coming from your AC system, you can turn to Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to help you get to the bottom of the problem. We know how to solve all of your AC problems no matter how large or small they may be. It is our goal to keep your home as comfortable as possible. Call us today!