As we are getting geared up for another hot summer in the Vegas Valley, it is more important than ever to know that our AC systems are up for the task. There are several things that can go wrong during the summertime and leave you with an AC that isn’t working properly. This can be a miserable situation. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about some of the most common AC problems that can arise during the summertime.
Is it Normal for AC to Struggle in Hot Weather?
One of the best ways to avoid summertime AC problems is to know what to look for. Here, we would like to explain some of the different problems you may encounter so that you know what you should be looking for.
– Low Refrigerant Levels: When you’re expecting the cool reprieve that only your AC can provide in the summer, it can be disheartening when your cooling system kicks on and nothing but hot air comes barreling out of the vents. This is a sign of low refrigerant levels though. This is most certainly caused by a leak somewhere in your system and will need to be looked at by an HVAC professional.
– Failing AC Capacitors: If you have noticed that your AC system has a difficult time getting started, it could be a failing capacitor that is the problem. This is a common occurrence for AC systems and something you should be watching for. The best thing you can do to avoid this problem is to have routine maintenance performed on your unit.
– Clogged AC Drain Hoses: What many people don’t realize about their AC unit is that it works not only to blow cool air through your home, but it also removes humidity from your home as well. When that humidity is removed, it has to be drained properly. When you have clogged drain hoses, it can start to pose problems. One big problem is mold and mildew growth.
– Outdoor AC Fan Failure: Even though your outdoor unit is durable because it has to be able to withstand mother nature, that doesn’t mean it is bulletproof. You need to be wary of any debris getting close enough to the outdoor fan that it can cause it to malfunction. The blades on the fan can get bent easily when they come in contact with debris.
– Dirty AC Filter: The filter in your HVAC system needs to be replaced on a regular basis so that you can avoid a cooling system that isn’t working right. Depending on the filter you have, you may have to replace it as often as once a month to keep your system working properly.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you haven’t had your AC unit tuned up yet this spring, now is the time. This is the best way to avoid some of these common AC problems that can easily pop up during the summer months. At Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning, we will make sure your unit is up for the task of keeping your home cool this summer. Call us today!