It isn’t uncommon for your AC system to make noise as it works to keep your house cool throughout the summer months. In fact, you are more than likely very used to the familiar sounds that it makes. However, if you have noticed that the sounds coming from your unit are different than they have been in the past, it can mean there is something wrong with your unit and it needs serviced. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about some of the strange noises that an AC unit can make so you know what to do when you hear them.
What Does a Bad Air Conditioner Sound Like?
If you have noticed that your AC system is making odd noises all of a sudden, you want to get to the bottom of the problem right away. The thought of going with a well working AC system isn’t something anyone wants to have to face. Here are some of the strange noises your AC could be making as well as what they could mean.
– AC Squealing: There are two different types of squealing that could be coming from your unit, high and low pitched squeals. High pitched squealing can point to the compressor and could mean that there is damage there. Low pitched squealing is often a problem with a belt that has worn out and needs replacing.
– AC Grinding: As the compressor gets worn out, it can start to make a grinding noise. It often points to the fact that the compressor needs to be replaced.
– AC Clicking: You will usually hear a clicking noise when your unit turns on and turns off again. Sometimes, clicking can mean that there is a problem with electrical controls or the relay.
– AC Buzzing: This can be a scary noise as it usually points to an electrical problem. You should never attempt to solve it on your own as there is a risk of electrical shock. If you hear constant buzzing when your AC turns on, you should turn it off and contact a professional to come take a look at it.
– AC Rattling/Banging: There are several things that could be wrong when there is rattling or banging in your unit. Often, the problem is that there is a part that has become loose and is banging around in the unit.
– AC Hissing: The hissing sound that your AC unit can sometimes develop is usually caused by a leaking refrigerant. There are times this can be fixed and there are times that it makes more sense to replace the unit all together.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have any strange noises coming from your AC unit, you need to call on the professionals at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to help you get to the bottom of it. We will make sure your AC system is up and running in no time. Call us today!