When you are getting optimal sleep, it affects every aspect of your life. One of the components that plays into getting a good night’s sleep is the temperature of your home. There have been studies that prove there is an optimal temperature for your home to give you the best results when looking for a decent night’s sleep. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to share some tips to help you and those you love sleep better at night.
Why Temperature While Sleeping Matters
Throughout the day, your body doesn’t stay a consistent temperature. This is all part of the every important circadian rhythm. When you lay your head down for bed at night, your body temperature is at its highest. Throughout the night, your temperature will decrease until it reaches the lowest around 5 in the morning. Without this natural decrease in temperature, you can’t get the quality sleep that your body needs. This is why an indoor temperature of about 65 degrees Fahrenheit is recommended. Studies actually show, that people don’t get sleep that is as high quality during the summer months for the simple reason that the 65 degree temperature is difficult and rarely reached.
How to Sleep Better at Night
Aside from regulating your indoor air with your HVAC system, here are some other tips that will help you achieve optimal sleep:
– Swap Out Bedding: One way to help your body warm and cool the way it should is to change out your bedding with the seasons. Lighter bedding that is made from breathable materials like cotton is recommended during the summer while warmer fabrics like flannel can help you stay warmer in the winter.
– Avoid Caffeine: It’s no secret that caffeine isn’t good for your body. When you are intaking caffeine later in the day, it can start to mess with your sleep. You should avoid this any time after lunch time especially to avoid sleep disruption.
– Get Rid of Light: You want to get rid of as much light in your room as possible while sleeping. This can even include alarm clocks. These small yellow and blue lights can really get in the way of good sleep.
– Embrace Quiet: Don’t allow any devices in your room that may beep or buzz. If you have sounds that you can’t eliminate, consider a white noise machine or ear plugs to help you cancel it all out.
– Sleep Schedule: Your body will sleep much more peacefully if you are following a sleep schedule and sticking with it.
HVAC Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
One of the major players in your sleep is the temperature you are sleeping in. If you have noticed that there are hot and cold spots in your home or that your HVAC system isn’t working well to regulate your indoor temperature, call on the experts at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to help you get it back on track. Call us today!