The following is the good & bad with many of the top eight air conditioning manufacturers. As the A/C pros, Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning prefer Amana air conditioning units and we will explain why below.
Top Air Conditioner Brands
• Goodman Heating and Air Conditioning is the economical brand-named AC and sells for less than their premier line Amana. Yes, they are the same company. They both use the same internal components. These are built in Texas and you get a good solid performer that is quiet, reliable and a good quality.
• Day and Night and is built by United Technologies that make both the Day and Night and Carrier brands but also crank out Bryant and Payne models as well. These use different externals to differentiate brands and Carrier’s cost more, but inside they are surprisingly similar. Though they are not available in all markets, but it they are they are a very good unit and reliable with good bang for the buck.
• Mitsubishi Electric Ductless HVAC Equipment, the only downside is the cost. Mitsubishi builds quality equipment and the ductless split systems are highly favored. They have no ducts with each room having its own unit and they share the same compressor unit. But they are expensive, up $30,000 for a whole house installation. Though reliability and operation is impeccable they can be pricey.
• Bryant is based on the same components as the Day and Night but at a slightly higher upfront cost.
• Carrier has name brand recognition, made on the assembly line as Goodman and same parts. The only downside is that they cost more upfront.
• York is a middle of the top ten picks. They are reliable and are well built but with fewer features to those above.
• Amana, same as Goodman but Amana offers the best lifetime air conditioner compressor and furnace replacement warranty and a 10 year replacement parts warranty on most of its units.
• Trane, better known as a commercial supplier, but they do make residential units. They also own and make American Standard. Biggest issue is in warranty parts pay-outs.
Some brands you may want to reconsider is the following, as they have their issues:
• Rheem uses an unconventional coil system, a zig-zag system versus an a-frame construction in most brands. They are hard to clean, and the coil design leads to frozen coils, many Rheem units eventually will need coil replacement.
• Lennox Air Conditioning and Heating. At one time, 10-20 years ago, Lennox was the go-to manufacturer of AC units. Lennox units are completely proprietary. The problem is it can take weeks to get a part and you pay up to three times as much for them compared to most other brands.
Air Conditioner & Furnace Installation, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Like all things mechanical there will be parts failures and they do eventually wear out. But you will want to stick with a brand that tends more to the generic in the parts area to enhance availability. The best of the best will eventually break, but you want an efficient and available parts supply chain. The professionals at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning service all brands but we recommend Amana. Call us to learn more today!