While ductless cooling has gained a lot of popularity, did you realize that with recent heat pump technology, a ductless system can heat your home and business too! There are a few reasons to consider the installation of a ductless, mini-split system in your Las Vegas home or workplace, but first let Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning explain exactly how a ductless system works to heat your living and working spaces.
How a Ductless Mini-Split Heating System Works
Ductless mini-split heat pumps have two main components; an outdoor compressor/condenser and indoor handling unit(s). A conduit, which houses the power cable, refrigerant tubing, suction tubing and a condensate drain links the two units. The key component to a ductless mini-split heat pump is the innovative reversing valve. The reversing valve can change the directional flow of the refrigerant in your system, which is what allows the system to offer both heating and cooling. During wintertime, the outdoor unit heat pump absorbs heat from the air and concentrates it. The heat pump then disperses this concentrated heat into your home’s living and your business’ working spaces. In the summer months, the opposite happens: the heat pump absorbs the heat in your living and working spaces and transfers it to outside your buildings.
Why Consider a Ductless Heating System?
– No need for Fossil Fuels – If you have used combustion heating systems in the past that needed fossil fuels to operate, then you are aware of how much money can be spent every winter heating your home. With a heat pump, this expense is entirely eliminated because heat pumps do not generate heat. Instead they transfer it from one location to another with the help of refrigerant. As such, they do not need fossil fuels and use only a small amount of electricity to operate.
– No Air Duct Losses – Another great benefit of a ductless system is that you do not have to worry about air loss from ductwork because there is no ductwork! The indoor blowers are connected directly to the outdoor unit via a conduit in an exterior wall, and the heating process does not begin until you start the indoor blower.
– Zone Control – The indoor handling units or blowers are also of benefit because they operate individually. Many models can have as many as four indoor air-handling units and each individual blower can be set at its own temperature, therefore giving you zone control for up to four different rooms.
– Interior Design Flexibility – Most indoor air handlers are quite small; only about seven inches deep and have sleek, high tech looking exteriors. These indoor units can be mounted in several different ways. They can be hung from a wall, suspended from a ceiling or mounted flush into a drop ceiling. Floor standing models are also available.
– Safety – Ductless mini-split systems keep your home or business safer because there is only a small three inch hole in the wall that the conduit has to pass through to connect the outdoor compressor/condenser and the indoor units. Other heating and cooling systems that require through the wall and window mounted units can provide easy access for intruders.
– Longer Life Span – Lastly, heat pumps have a longer lifespan than combustion heating systems. Combustion systems have an average lifespan of 15-20 years, while heat pumps have an average lifespan of 20-25 years.
Forced Air Furnace Heating Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have been looking for an efficient, quiet heating and cooling system for your Las Vegas Valley home, you may want to consider installing a ductless mini-split system. Unfortunately though, qualified installers and service contractors for ductless mini-split systems may not be easy to find. Contacting one of our competitors could be to your detriment as it is very important for the installer to correctly size each indoor unit and determine the best locations. Oversized or incorrectly located air handlers can result in short cycling, wasted energy and inefficient temperature and humidity control. Contact Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning for an expert consultation and to schedule an appointment for professional heating installation service done right the first time. After all, we specialize in heat pump, straight cool and mini-split systems!