Having an air conditioning unit that runs well is almost as important as running water in the Vegas Valley during the summer. Just kidding. Kind of. The high temperatures that we experience every summer make a running air conditioner a pretty top priority for most Vegas residents. That’s why when something goes wrong, we are often scrambling to fix it. Sometimes, you may be wondering if it is time to repair your AC or if you would be better of replacing it. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about some of the scenarios that would leave you better off with replacement rather than repair.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs to Be Replaced
Before we get into replacing an air conditioning unit, it is important that we note that in most cases an air conditioner can be repaired. There are some instances, however, that a homeowner would simply be better off with a replacement rather than a repair. Here are some of those instances.
– Central Air Conditioner is Old: If you are dealing with an AC unit that has recently been installed and is under 15 years old, obviously, you are going to want to repair it rather than replace it. Most people can plan to get about 20 years out of their unit before replacement. However, if your unit is over 15 years old and is giving you trouble, it is time to look into a replacement over repair as it has most likely reached the end of its life.
– High Cost of Air Conditioning Repair: Some repairs are more costly than others. If you are facing a repair that is insanely high, you may be better off looking into the $5,000-$7,000 it costs to replace your unit rather than repair it.
– High Energy Bills: Sometimes when it’s time to replace your AC unit, you may start to notice that your energy bills are starting to climb for no apparent reason. No one wants to be spending more than they should on energy costs, and an old unit can leave you doing just that.
– Poor Indoor Comfort: When you hear your AC unit kick on, you expect to feel reprieve from the high temps that are raging outside your home. If your AC is constantly running and you still aren’t feeling cooler, it may be a problem with your AC’s ability to keep up. If your AC can’t keep up with the demands of summer time, it is time to look into replacement.
– Frequent AC Repairs: You shouldn’t need to repair your AC constantly. If you find that every other month you are calling on a professional to help you get your AC up and running again, it may be time to replace your AC unit.
Central Air Conditioner Troubleshooting, Diagnosis, Emergency Repair & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Don’t struggle with an AC that isn’t working properly. You can rely on the experts at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to help you decipher what would be in your best interest whether it is to repair your existing unit or replace it with a new one. Call us today!