During the heat of the summer, the thought of going without an AC unit is almost unbearable. Keeping your unit working well takes a certain amount of maintenance. It also requires that you avoid doing things that could be potentially causing problems for your unit. There are several mistakes that homeowners often make that can cause more harm than good. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about what you should avoid doing to keep your AC working well this summer.
How Do I Deep My Air Conditioner Running Better?
No one would intentionally do anything to keep their AC from running smoothly and efficiently. However, many homeowners are making mistakes without being aware of it. Following are some things that you should always avoid doing to your AC unit to keep it running.
– Don’t Plant Near Outdoor AC Condenser Unit: You should avoid planting any plants near your outdoor unit. There shouldn’t be any plants within 2 feet of your unit to allow proper air circulation which is key in keeping your unit running efficiently.
– Avoid Power Washing AC Condenser Unit: While cleaning your unit is important, there are many safe ways to clean it that don’t involve using a power washer. Power washers often use too much water pressure to clean your unit and will end up damaging it. Power washing your unit can cause coil damage which will often lead to a full system breakdown.
– Don’t Close Vents & Registers for Temperature Control: Your AC unit in your home is sized specifically to cool your home per square footage. Using your vents and registers to control the temperature in your home can cause problems. If you are wanting certain areas of your home to stay cooler or warmer than others, consider putting in a zoning system.
– Avoid DIY Repairs Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant leaks are a fact of life as your system ages. If you have a refrigerant leak, this is not a DIY project. Refrigerant is toxic substance that can be harmful when breathed in or when it makes contact with your skin. It should only be handled by professionals that have the training, experience and equipment to safely handle it.
– Never Open Your AC Unit: If you don’t have any experience or training in dealing with AC units, you should avoid opening it up to diagnose a problem on your own. You can easily end up causing further damage to your system by doing this. Leave diagnosis and repairs up to professionals.
Central Air Conditioning Maintenance, Repair & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have an AC unit that is giving you fits, you will want to call on the pros at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to solve any problems you are having with your system. Whether the problem is large or small, you can count on our team of technicians to get to the bottom of it. Call us today!