With spring upon us it’s only a matter of time before those hot summer days are also upon us. The best time of year to buy an air conditioner is in the off season; for HVAC companies this this is spring and fall. These are the times of the year when the temperatures allow us to spend lots of time outside. There’s no way to tell if something is wrong with our air conditioner because we’re not using it! These are the times of the year to test your air conditioner and start shopping for a new one if you need to.
Central Air Conditioner Sales
You should educate yourself on air conditioners before you start shopping for a new one because more important than getting a great deal is making sure it’s installed correctly. You do not want to skimp on hiring contractors when you have a new air conditioner installed because you’re not painting your house, you’re having a piece of machinery installed. Do your homework and hire a reputable contractor.
What to Look for when Buying a Central Air Conditioner
• The size of the air conditioner
• The brand of the air conditioner
• The installation cost
• Special features
Tips to Get a Good Deal on a New Central AC Unit
You can buy an air conditioner any time of the year and get a good deal with a few tips:
1. Let the contractor you’re speaking with know your taking other bids and tell them you want best price they can give you. This will save them time and you.
2. Unless your totally sure, you should never sign a contract “on-the-spot”. High pressure sales tactics can get you into trouble. There’s never a one day only deal on buying an air conditioner. Just tell them you need to think about it.
3. If the contractor comes down a lot on price from where they started, then you know they were overcharging you with to begin with. This is a red flag.
4. Choose a contractor that will install any makes of air conditioner. When you go with a company that only installs one make, they will press that product no matter what. There might be a better option out there.
5. You’ll know when you’re getting close to the bottom-line, pricewise, when the increments drop a lot. An example would be if the price is lowered by $300 and then another $300 and then $50.
6. Again, do not go with the lowest bid. You will get what you pay for when it comes to installing an air conditioner.
AC Sales, Installation, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Just because spring and fall are the best times to buy a new air conditioner, an honest contractor will be able to offer comparable prices any time of the year. Don’t make a mistake with a piece of equipment that won’t keep you comfortable during the summer. Give Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning a call!