It is truly the pits when a new furnace or air conditioning unit is not only needed, but when there is no time to prepare for the replacement. Depending on the time of year, the temperatures may range from simply being uncomfortable to having life changing consequences; you always want to make the best choice for your needs and budget without feeling rushed.
Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning would like to relate a few things to consider when purchasing a new air conditioner and/or furnace.
1. What is a good SEER Rating. The SEER rating is seasonal energy efficiency ratio. Basically, it translates to the utility cost of running your furnace in the dead of winter, and energy costs to keeping the home cool in the peak of summer. When observing the rating, the minimum SEER rating is a 13. A 15 SEER rating is moderate, and an above 16 SEER rating is excellent with high efficiency. If your currently deceased unit was a mere 8 SEER rating, investing in the high efficient rating could cut your bills nearly in half! The superior HVAC benefits that improve cool temperatures in the summer are simply a delight when living in a desert like the Las Vegas Valley!
2. Central Air Conditioner Rebates. Depending on the state you live in and the manufacturer of the appliance, rebates could be offered to help defer the costs of buying and installing. Generally, the high efficiency units are more likely to qualify for specific rebates. Accruing rebates can save you up $1500!
3. HVAC Research. Often, consumers feel rushed and will buy the first unit they come across. Take the time to do your research and still get a fair price on the unit of your choice.
4. Air Conditioner Price. A common mistake is purchasing the cheapest unit you can find. Where it might save you some cash initially, down the line it will likely cost more. The high efficient units can run between $500 and $800 more than the low efficient units. But keep in mind, over the course of the next 10-15 years, your high efficient appliance will save thousands of dollars in the long term.
5. HVAC Maintenance. As you perform maintenance and tune ups on your family car for longevity, consider the maintenance needs of your HVAC unit. If investing in a SEER rating of 14 continues to build up with dirt and grime, without proper maintenance and tune ups, within a few years, the performance would be more conducive to that of a SEER rating of 10. Maintenance is extremely important to keep your appliances in top working order. Not only can regular maintenance and tune ups keep the efficiency high, but it can help prevent future major malfunctions.
HVAC Air Conditioner & Furnace Sales, Supply, Installation, Replacement, Inspection, Emergency Repairs & Preventive Maintenance in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North Las Vegas & Henderson Nevada
Picking out the right furnace and air conditioner can be quite overwhelming, especially if you don’t know what features to look for and what to avoid. Our professionals at Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning have the training, skill, and knowledge regarding the HVAC systems and the units that are energy efficient and top quality engineering. Once you have selected the right unit for you, our experts can get it installed easily and sufficiently. Call us today to schedule your consultation.