It can be a major inconvenience when your air conditioner compressor starts to fail. In addition to bearing the heat of summer, you will need to find time to have the unit repairs. Unfortunately, most homeowners may not know what is causing the compressor to fail in the first place. You can take steps to prevent them from happening in the future by understanding the causes. With this in mind, we at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning would like to share the most common causes of AC compressor failure.
How Does an Air Conditioning Compressor Work?
The heart of the air conditioning system is the air conditioner compressor. The compressor responsible for cooling the air in your home as it pumps refrigerant through the system. It can cause the entire system to fail when the compressor fails. Below are the most likely reasons the compressor is failing.
What Causes an Air Conditioner Compressor to Burn Out?
Some of the most common causes include the list below, though there are any different reasons why a compressor may fail.
1) Dirty AC Coils: Over time, the coils on the compressor can become dirty. The compressor will overheat and eventually fail because the dirt can build up and prevent proper airflow.
2) Refrigerant Leaks: It can cause the refrigerant to escape if there are any leaks in the system if in the event there are any leaks in the system. Eventually, this will lead to the failure of air conditioning compressor.
3) AC Electrical Problems: One of the most common causes of compressor failure are electrical problems. It can overheat and eventually fail if in the event the compressor isn’t getting enough power.
As mentioned, these are just some of the most common causes of air conditioning compressor failure. You can take steps to prevent them from happening in the future by familiarizing understanding yourself with these causes.
How Do I Protect My AC Compressor?
Below are a few ways you can prevent the air conditioner compressor from failing.
1) Maintain Clean AC Coils. Doing so will prevent overheating by contributing to the assurance there is proper airflow.
2) Periodically Insect for Leaks. On a regular basis, inspect your system for any leaks. Make sure to call a professional for repair it immediately should you find a leak.
3) Address Electrical Concerns. Be sure enough power is getting to the compressor. You will want to contact a qualified electrician to help resolve the issue if in the event you are having electrical problems.
When the air conditioner compressor is not operating efficiently, your air conditioner cannot effectively cool your home. In many cases, a failing air conditioner compressor can also be caught early through routine maintenance. However, if the compressor continues to fail, without any intervention, you will likely need to replace the compressor.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you suspect your air conditioner compressor in Las Vegas, NV is failing, contact the professionals of Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning and let our certified experts help you with the repairs, or replacement if that is the necessary course of action.