It is completely normal to hear a certain amount of noise as your AC works to keep your home cool. In fact, it is a noise that you have most likely become so accustomed to that you don’t even realize it’s there. That’s why when that noise changes and strange noises start, you will probably notice it right away. Strange noises coming from your AC is something that you should never ignore. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about what some of the most common noises mean for your system.
What Does it Mean when Your AC Makes a Weird Noise?
The list of noises that you could potentially hear coming from your AC system is a long one. However, there are some that are more common than others. Here are the most common sounds you may find yourself hearing and what they might mean.
– Banging: Even if your AC seems like it is making louder noises than it normally does, you shouldn’t ever hear any banging. This is usually a sign that you have a problem with your compressor.
– Clanking: A loud, hollow metal sounding clank is a good indication that there is a part that has become loose somewhere in your system and is hitting around in there.
– Hissing: If your AC is hissing, there is a good chance that there is an air leak somewhere in there. It isn’t normal and should be looked at.
– Humming: Humming to an extent is a somewhat normal sound to be coming from your unit. However, it can mean that you have a problem with the refrigeration system inside your unit as well and it should be looked at sooner rather than later.
– Squealing: This is one of those noises that can be a big problem as there is likely a lot of pressure built up inside your unit. If you hear a squealing sound, you need to have it looked at right away.
– Buzzing: Anytime you hear buzzing, it is a sign that there is an electrical problem somewhere in your system that needs addressed.
– Clicking: You may notice that your AC system makes a soft clicking sound the first time it turns on, but if you hear continual clicking sounds, you have serious issues with your system.
– Gurgling: Your AC unit shouldn’t sound like it is under water. It is a sign that your AC is dealing with an internal leak of some kind. This can become a big problem if it isn’t dealt with right away.
Central AC Maintenance, Repair, Replacement Services & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have noticed that your AC isn’t sounding quite right, you can call on the experts at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to get to the bottom of the problem. We have the training and experience needed to solve your AC troubles whether you are dealing with large problems or simple fixes. Call us today!