The electrical and plumbing systems, landscapes, and other simple handyman-like duties that needs doing all need to be maintained, as most homeowners know. Every homeowner should take the time to learn the basics when it comes to your HVAC system. If you neglect important maintenance and cost without knowing the basics, unnecessary repair and operating costs are often the result. We at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning would like to offer the essential basics every homeowner should know about the HVAC system with this in mind.
How Do You Maintain an HVAC System?
1) With a professional, schedule HVAC maintenance every 6 months. Allowing too much time to pass in between services is defeating the purpose of tune-ups. When you stay on top of maintenance, the system operating efficiently, prevents undo damage, minimizes breakdowns, and so much more. With professional regularly scheduled routine maintenance, there is little else the homeowner needs to do. Any potential issues are discovered they are promptly taken care of with an expert checkup, the major components are inspected to prevent problems and the domino effect.
2) Provide at least two feet of clearance around condenser. your furnace and air conditioner should have at least 2-3 feet of clearance from all clutter and debris as to ensure the appliances, both inside and outside. Any type of clutter to pile up around it and trim back the trees, weeds, grass, and bushes should be avoided. You can reduce the dirt and debris, pest damage and other type of damage from occurring by maintaining a clear area.
3) Abnormal smells/sounds from AC system. You need a professional to discover the cause and get the repairs to avoid mildew and mold growth and remove and blockage, debris or especially water gets trapped in the system, smells of musty, or stuffy odors emit.
4) Change/ clean the filter regularly. One of the most crucial pieces to the HVAC system is the air filter. The collection of the debris, dirt, dust, pollens, allergens, and contagions are trapped in the filter. You can cause damage to the system over a short time if air cannot pass through the clogged filters. If you know that haven’t been replaced in 2-3 months, ensure they are changed regardless.
5) Maintain sufficient insulation. The insulation wears thin and air ducts need to be properly insulated and overtime for efficiency. Resulting in the fluctuation of the temperatures, waste energy and lose temperature in the home the air can leak. If you notice insufficient insulation, have a professional start checking the insulation around the air ducts, attic, and the walls. Be sure you know the basics of the HVAC system and take care of the standard maintenance and recruit a professional for routine tune-ups, you can ensure your HVAC system runs efficiently, stays in optimal condition, and it lasts to the projected lifespan.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
When you need to schedule your professional maintenance or require repairs, call the experts of Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is readily available to help you with the overall care of your HVAC system.