There is nothing quite as exciting as buying a new home and learning the ins and outs that come with it. When you’re trying to figure out how everything works and what condition it is all in, you will want to focus on your HVAC system to ensure it is working properly and ready to keep you comfortable once you move in. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to share some tips and tricks to help you get acquainted with your new HVAC system to ensure you’re comfortable no matter what the weather outside looks like.
Get History & Find the Year of Old AC Unit from Previous Homeowners
Before you cut ties with the people you are purchasing the house from, you are going to want to get some history about the HVAC system from them. This can be helpful when you’re deciding how well the system is working and whether or not it needs to be replaced.
– AC Warranty: One of the first things you will want to ask them is whether or not there is a warranty on the unit still. If there is a warranty on the AC unit, you need to know what the warranty looks like and what kind of coverage you would have if you needed it for any reason. You will also want to know how much longer the unit is covered under the warranty.
– AC Maintenance: The next thing that is incredibly important is the maintenance logs. You need to ask what kind of maintenance has been done on the unit. The maintenance of a unit is one of the keys to getting the most out of your AC system. If the maintenance hasn’t been performed like it should, you should possibly be concerned about the longevity of the system. It could potentially leave you facing a premature replacement.
Should You Replace the Existing AC System when Buying a House?
One question you need to ask yourself is whether or not you are happy with the existing unit or do you want to replace it for a newer one? This is going to depend on some factors.
– Age: If the unit that is currently in your home is over 10 years old, it may be time to replace it with a new one that is far more efficient.
– Energy Bills: If you look at the past energy bills for the house and see that they are unusually high, it could be because you need a newer more efficient AC system.
– AC Repairs: If the unit is old and is needing some repairs to keep it running, you may be better off with replacing it rather than dumping more money into the existing system.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you are in a new home and are questioning the condition of the AC system, you can turn to Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to come and give it a good inspection. Through our maintenance appointments, we will be able to tell you what kind of condition it is in. Call us today!