Even though some people seem to think that the refrigerant found in their AC system slowly depletes, that isn’t actually what happens. The refrigerant found in your system is in a closed system. This means that unless there is a leak somewhere, you should never have to have your system charged. However, if you do find that your AC is leaking refrigerant, it is important that you know the signs so that you can get it fixed right away. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to share some signs you should be looking for.
Dangers of Refrigerant Poisoning
If you have a refrigerant leak, it is important that it is fixed right away. This is because it contains fluoride hydrocarbons that can be dangerous to your health when you are exposed to it in large quantities. It can be hard to realize you are dealing with this problem as this chemical is both colorless and odorless. If you experience any of these symptoms it could be refrigerant poisoning:
– Trouble breathing
– Fluid in lungs
Signs of Refrigerant Leak
When you catch a refrigerant leak early, you can avoid an uncomfortable home and expensive repairs or even replacement of the entire system all together. Following are some of the signs you should be looking for:
– Increased Humidity: If you feel a little extra humidity in your home, it should only take your AC system under 30 minutes to get rid of that feeling.
– Inefficient Cooling: Have you noticed that your AC system is taking longer than it ever has to get your home cooled off? This could be a sign of a refrigerant leak.
– Frozen Coils: This is a big sign that you have a refrigerant leak. These are the coils that are found indoors. As they can’t effectively move the refrigerant through the coils, condensation starts to form and that is followed by ice.
– Bubbles on Evaporator Coils: Many HVAC professionals will find that there is a refrigerant leak when they can see that there are bubbles forming on the evaporator coils.
What Causes Refrigerant Leaks?
There are several reasons why your system may spring a refrigerant leak. Some of the most common causes include:
– Improper AC installation
– Corrosion on the tubes carrying the Freon
– Weakened joints
– Excessive vibrations
– Normal wear and tear cause thinning of the tube walls
Central Air Conditioning Repairs, Tune Up Maintenance, Inspection & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If there are signs that your AC may have a refrigerant leak, it is important that you have it fixed right away to avoid severe damage to your system as well as the risk of health issues to you and those you love. At Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning, we provide you with superior AC services which includes repairing refrigerant leaks. We can easily diagnose and solve any problem you may be having with your system. Call us today!