While we talk about heaters not working all the time, there are other problems you can experience with your heater as well. Some people have a heater that won’t shut off which can be a big problem as well. If your heater seems like it is running around the clock, there is certainly something wrong. Your heater shouldn’t be running around the clock to keep your home warm. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about what the problem might be and how to get it fixed.
What You Should Do When Your Heater Won’t Shut Off
If you have a furnace that seems to be running around the clock, there are a few things that you need to do to make sure you aren’t dealing with a small issue that is easily fixed.
– Change Air Filter: A dirty filter can cause several problems for your furnace. It can cause overheating that leaves it unable to heat properly. If your filter looks dirty, you need to replace it.
– Check the Thermostat: Sometimes, if you are having heating issues, it can be something as simple as the wrong setting on your thermostat.
– Turn off Power: If your furnace seems to be working just fine other than not shutting off, you may have to turn off the furnace at the breaker.
What Causes a Furnace to Not Shut Off?
There are a few different problems that can lead to a furnace that isn’t shutting off like it normally should. If you are experiencing this problem, you need to contact your HVAC company right away to solve any of these issues.
– Bad Fan Limit Switch: The fan limit switch on your furnace is what controls your furnace’s blower motor. While it may seem like you have a furnace that is running around the clock, it could be caused by a fan limit switch that is making air continuously blow from the vents.
– Faulty Thermostat: If the temperature seems to be all over the place, it could be caused by a faulty thermostat. This can leave your heater running around the clock. Replacing an old and worn our thermostat may be the answer to your furnace troubles.
– Leaking Air Ducts: If the air ducts are leaking the warm air in into your attic, it can cause the furnace to work overtime to try and heat your home to no avail. This can be a difficult problem to diagnose on your own.
Forced Air Furnace Heating Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
No one should have a furnace that is working around the clock. It can leave you paying much more than you should be to heat your home. Not only that, but your home will more than likely feel uncomfortable as well. If you are having furnace issues, Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning can get to the bottom of the problem and fix it. Call us today!