It looks like it’s going to be a real scorcher this summer. But just because it’s hotter than Hades outside, doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice either your hard earned money or your comfort. Keeping your home cool is not just a luxury but necessary when you live in desert climates. Hot, dry weather is unbearable in the dead of summer. You need the Air Conditioner and HVAC system working at top notch, without paying triple the utility bills.
Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning would like to relate a few tips to still live in comfortable indoor temperatures without costing you a fortune
1. Programmable Thermostat. If you haven’t invested in a programmable thermostat we recommend you do so. Keeping up with adjustments throughout the day can be easily missed when you have to do it manually. While you are home, keep your thermostat between 76-78 degrees. When you know no one will be for home several hours at a time, a programmable thermostat can raise the temperature 7-8 degrees for you. Just before you retire for the evening, bump it 4-5 degrees. If you go on any vacations, short or small this summer, set your thermostat at 85 degrees or higher. No sense in paying for a cool home with no one there.
2. Ceiling Fans. Installing ceiling fans in near every room in your home can contribute to long term savings. A well engineered ceiling fan can help you keep the temperatures programmed a little higher and still cool a room down by 7-8 degrees. Ceiling fans are optimal but portable fans can help as well. Be sure they are set to turn clockwise. When no one is occupying the room, switch the fan off as they can actually produce heat when they are left running to long.
3. Air Conditioner Fan. For places with high humidity, set the air conditioning fan on low. The low air volume helps with A/C dehumidifier.
4. Home Thermostat Location. Avoid setting up electronic equipment or appliances near the thermostat. Appliances and electronic equipment produce a lot of heat and can make the thermostat believe it is warmer than it is and work harder that need be; costing you more energy use.
5. Change Home Air Filters. Air filters need to cleaned or replaced once every 3 months at a minimum. There are circumstances that can contribute to the need of more often maintenance on your air filters. Smokers, multiple residents, pets, allergy sufferers and those with asthma are all conditions where the filters should increase maintenance frequency. Especially in the summer months for superior efficiency and air flow, check the filters once a month. If they are in need of cleaning or replacing, do so.
6. Professional Air Conditioning Maintenance. Have your air conditioner and all over HVAC system inspected be a professional. Hiring a specialist to perform maintenance and tune ups can minimize major breakdowns and keep your home cool. Preferably in the spring before the intense heat strikes, and at the start of fall to ensure no malfunctions or damage took place while your air conditioner was working.
7. Seal it. Be sure all the windows and doors are closed when the air conditioner is running. Inspect the weather stripping and replace around the doors and windows if any wear and tear has occurred. Check service pipes and exterior walls. If any holes, cracks or gaps are present, get them sealed.
8. Air Conditioner Replacement. If your air conditioner is over 10 years old, it could be nearing the end of its life span. If it has needed constant repair in the last 2 years, it could be a sign of the end. If a replacement is in need, consider the high energy efficient models.
9. Block the Sun. Follow the sun around and be sure the blinds and curtains are utilized to prevent the sun for heating up the particular rooms.
10. Seek Advice from an Air Conditioning Contractor. These steps can help you get started. For additional tips, seek out a professionals advice.
Air Conditioning Contractors Offering Inspections, Installation, Replacement, Emergency Repairs & Preventive Maintenance in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North Las Vegas & Henderson Nevada
Our professionals at Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning have been masterfully trained. Through our years of experience, we have polished and honed our skills to provide our customers with superior services at affordable prices. Call us today for your next appointment!