Spring is here and triple digit temperatures are just around the corner. It is time for an air conditioning maintenance and tune-up. A professional tune-up can save you money over the long haul. The Las Vegas air is loaded with dirt. Have pets? They shed. Needless to say many of us are lucky to get threes weeks out of a set of filers before they are clogged with hair and dirt. Because of the debris in our air the air condition coils need cleaning. What does a thorough tune-up entail.
What Does an HVAC Tune Up Include
• Coils. These resemble the radiator on cars. Roof top AC or heat pumps contain both in the same unit. Split systems put one in the house the other outside on the ground. High efficiency of operation results in less power consumption and less stress and strain on the AC’s components like the compressor.
o Condenser coils: these cool the refrigerant allowing it to be compressed back to a liquid. In a split system these set on the ground outside of the house. These need the weeds and grass and dirt blown out or washed off.
o The evaporation coils are in the return behind the filters in the house. Warm air passes through the coils transferring the heat to the refrigerant allowing it to expand to gas. This process coils the air. Dirt build on these coils can destroy the efficiency of the cooling system and should be cleaned at least once a year.
• Coolant: Low coolant levels can severely curtail the operation of an AC unit or heat pump.
• Lubricant: To maintain the smooth operation of parts and fans. Any friction can rob power and lower the operational efficiency.
• Thermostat: Calibrated and tested for proper operation. Checks relays and the Time Delay Relays meet operational requirements.
• Duct Work: Inspection for holes, lose joints and for tears.
• Electrical Connects: Checked for tightness and wiring checked for cracking, corrosion and loss of insulation for safe system operation.
• Blower: The blower is checked for fan blade tightness and smooth operation of the shafts and bearings. In units with a belt the belt is check for condition and tightness. Blower operation is confirmed by measuring the amperage and voltage to confirm proper operational condition. Components are lubricated as needed.
• Compressor: Checked ensuring through electrical measurements confirming it meets operational standards. Pressure check and amperage and voltage measurements are checked
• Condensation Lines: Drain lines are checked ensuring they a clean and clear to flush out condensation accumulation.
• Heat: Many units include a heating unit. Heat pumps do both cool and heat and may include auxiliary heating coils. These need to be cleaned. Other units include natural gas burners to provide heat. Infrared camera inspection of the heat exchanger. Checks are run on carbon monoxide danger levels.
Central Air Conditioning Tune Up, Inspection & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
An annual tune-up ensures operational integrity, maintains moving parts and may diagnose pending failure of components and the unit. Better some down time now to address any problems, rather than suffering through the stress and triple digit heat in during June and July. When the mercury is at 117 degrees you will enjoy a comfortable indoor environment. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning can handle all your air conditioning needs including preventive maintenance tune ups. Contact us today!