With Las Vegas temperatures soaring up into the 100’s, most of us are faced with one of two choices. You can either sweat in the sweltering heat or crank your air conditioner up high and receive a huge electricity bill for your trouble. Summer is a fantastic time of the year and what family doesn’t enjoy spending time together outdoors and coming home to relax in a cool home? The downside is that summertime is also an energy wasting time of the year. In addition to the electronic devices and appliances you use most of the year, additional strain is added to your electricity bill by running air conditioner units, ceiling fans and portable fans more than usual to try and beat the heat in your home. Now is the time to take steps to reduce your energy usage and keep the heat down in your home and stop your wallet from going up in flames. Most of us know a couple of tricks for reducing energy such as selectively keeping the house cooler by using ceiling fans to circulate cool air, but let’s go a step further and make some long term changes to your habits and you can save some serious money on your power bills.
Energy Reducing Tips to Keep the Heat Out
Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning would like to offer the following simple and inexpensive changes that you can make to your home to keep the heat out:
1. Replace your existing window treatments with light colored blinds or curtains – Keep blinds lowered during the day when the sunlight is at its brightest. Raise them up at night when outside temperatures are at their coolest.
2. Replace your air filters – and clean out your air ducts. The improved efficiency of the A/C system will not only be noticeable in cooling your home, it will also make a huge difference in your energy cost.
3. Plant trees along the sun-facing side of your home – not only will this simple measure block out the sun’s rays it will also help keep your home cooler.
4. If you have an attic make sure it is properly ventilated – Attics can easily overheat in direct sunlight which just adds to your overall energy consumption keeping power bills high.
5. Limit your use of appliances that generate heat such as the stove – Cook outside on the grill whenever possible. Grilling outside is also a great way to socialize with family and friends.
6. Make sure your fridge is filled with food – Less food results in more heat getting into your refrigerator every time you open it. With more heat inside, your refrigerator has to work harder to keep the interior temperature cooler which increases energy consumption costing you $$$.
7. Don’t forget; fans don’t make your air cooler – fans blow the air cooled by your A/C system around making you feel cooler by using a wind-chill effect. Don’t leave the fan on if you are not in the room to take advantage of the benefits … it’s just a waste of energy and money.
Air Conditioning Inspection & Tune Up
A comprehensive air conditioning inspection and tune up is one of the best ways to ensure your air conditioner is running optimally.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
When it comes to saving money, even making small changes can make a huge difference so don’t sweat the small stuff. Even if you can make some changes and save 10% you could have an extra couple of hundred or more at the end of the year. Lowering your energy bill requires a change in your habits. By utilizing some or all of these energy saving tips you will see your energy consumption lowered and savings rise each month. Contact Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning for all of your home comfort needs.