Heating and air conditioning systems are expensive pieces of equipment. They are also complex pieces of equipment that will need service at some time or another. You don’t want to just hire anyone to service yours. To get the best service possible, there are things you should know before you hire a company.
Questions to Ask when Buying a New Furnace & Air Conditioner & Service
1. How much experience do the HVAC technicians have? Everyone needs to learn new things but having a newbie work on your HVAC system is not your best option. You want to make sure the technician working in your system has experience. They can have your unit working quickly and can spot any potential problems that can lead to bigger problem down the road.
2. Do they have experience with my specific HVAC system model? With so many different models, it’s important to hire a company that can work on all of them. The company you hire needs to know how the system works, whether it’s older or newer. Taking care of any issues the first time will protect your unit, so it will last a long time.
3. Is the HVAC company licensed, bonded and insured? This is an important question to ask. Would you trust a doctor without a medical degree? No, and you shouldn’t trust a company that isn’t licensed, bonded and insured properly, regardless of whether the job is big or small. Only hire a company that is licensed by the state and is insured for your protection and theirs.
4. Is HVAC work subcontracted? You really don’t want the services of a company that subcontracts their work. This is because you may have work done by companies that aren’t licensed or bonded properly. It provides peace of mind when you know all the work is completed by the company you hire.
5. Are estimates free for HVAC replacement equipment? We all want to save money, so we get a few estimates when we make a big purchase. Get multiple estimates and compare them. Don’t make the mistake of going with the cheapest one. It’s not always your best option. Check to see what’s included in each and what might be missing, like warranties, so you can get the best deal.
6. Are references available from past HVAC customers? Just like a potential job will ask you for references, you should do the same when you’re considering an HVAC company. Check their website and other sources for feedback to give you an idea of how reputable the company is and how satisfied their customers are with their work.
7. Is there an HVAC maintenance program? After you’ve spent your money on HVAC services, you want to ensure it will work flawlessly with regular maintenance. Ask the company if they offer a service contract to avoid potential problems down the road.
HVAC Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
A reputable HVAC company won’t have any hesitation in answering any of these questions and offering references. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is one of those companies. Give us a call today with any questions you have about your heating and cooling needs.