For people that are looking for ways to cool their homes without the help of a central air conditioning system, there are mini split systems that offer cooler home temperatures without some of the complexities that come with ducted systems. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to give you all the information you need to know about mini split systems so that you can decide if that’s the cooling avenue you want to take for your home.
How Do Mini Splits Work?
When it comes to the mini split AC system, there is both an indoor portion and an outdoor portion. The outdoor unit applies pressure to the refrigerant which is then pushed through the lines that are connected to the indoor unit. The indoor unit is placed strategically in the home to offer optimal cooling results. It consists of three components including the evaporator, air handlers and blowers.
Options for Mini Split Systems
There are many options when it comes to the right mini split system for your home. Depending on your needs, you may choose one over the other. Here are the options you have to choose from.
– Wall Unit: The portion of the unit that adjustments to the temperature can be made to customize your cooling/heating needs. This gives you the ability to cool certain areas in your home.
– Single Zone/Multi Zone Condenser Unit: If you have a single zone unit in your home, it will be responsible for cooling one area. When you have a multi zone condenser unit, you can control the temperature in multiple rooms or zones.
– Ceiling Cassette: If you have a small home and space is a concern, a ceiling cassette is a good option. Located in the ceiling, are fan coils that disperse cool air into the room.
Benefits of a Ductless Cooling System
Customers will find that there are many benefits that come with choosing to go ductless when it comes to your cooling system. Following are some of them.
– Increased AC Efficiency: Many people don’t realize that you can be losing up to 30% of the energy it takes to cool your home in faulty ductwork. With a ductless system, you will only be cooling rooms that you want and will not lose any energy in ductwork.
– Features: These cooling units are built for convenience. They usually come with features like remote control capabilities, timers, adjusted airflow and washable filters.
– Operating Modes: There are different modes to customize your cooling needs like a fan-only option as well as dehumidifying for areas that experience high humidity levels.
– Improved Air Quality: Air ducts are notorious for debris that builds up inside that has a big impact on the air quality in a home. Another reason to go ductless.
Central AC & Ductless Mini Split Installations, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
The most efficient way to run a ductless mini split system is to maintain your mini-split system as if it is neglected, it could use up to 25% more energy! It is important to regularly clean the air filters as well. If you are considering the benefits that a mini split system could offer your home, you can rely on Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to answer any questions and handle any installation of a new mini split and service from an existing one in your home. Call us today!