With temperatures rising and little relief in sight you may be thinking of replacing your air conditioning unit. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning can help you take the guesswork out whether you need a new HVAC replacement or a cheaper repair to your existing your air and heating system.
Is it Better to Repair or Replace Air Conditioner?
Use this checklist from Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to help you determine if it’s time to replace your air conditioner.
• Repair cost – You might think a repair of a few A/C parts will take care of the problem but it is prudent to consider the cost of repair first. If the cost of repair is 30% to 50% of the estimated cost of a brand new unit, replacement would be the most cost effective, especially long term.
• You may also want to consider if your equipment has had problems in the past. A new unit is definitely the best bet if your HVAC unit is an older model – talk to your licensed professional at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to make sure your existing unit is not being phased out.
• Warranty – Check the terms and conditions of your equipment warranty before making any decisions. Most often, replacement parts fall under the original warranty which may have already expired. Repair labor is generally considered an additional cost and not covered by your original warranty.
• Age – Your HVAC systems age and how well you maintain it can affect its efficiency. A general rule is to replace your A/C if it’s over 8 to 10 years old rather than repair.
• Are you planning on staying in your home long term? The best choice is to replace your unit. Consider this an investment to cool your home efficiently and save $$$.
• Think about how well your existing unit is working? Are your electric bills too high? Does your unit keep your home cool enough? Or is your existing equipment straining to keep up with your demands?
What are the Steps in AC Installation?
Once you have made the decision to replace your system, Call Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning. Our licensed, bonded and insured professionals will walk you through a step by step plan based on your homes specific requirements which will include this four step process.
1. Our licensed technicians will correctly size the equipment your home needs. Oversized equipment affects efficiency and comfort, undersized causes strain and shortens the lifespan of the unit.
2. Inspect the duct work – Leaks can allow for a loss of up to 30% of the cooling output of your new unit allowing for wasted energy consumption and unnecessary expenses.
3. Verify airflow rates – Manufactures specify a range of acceptable air flow rates. Our professional technicians at Air Supply Heating & Air conditioning will make adjustments to insure that the airflow through the system is at an optimum level. Insufficient air flow means your home won’t be as cool as it should be and allows for undue stress and damage to your AC units components.
4. Check refrigerant levels – Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning professionals will also check the manufacturer guidelines to ensure the correct amount of refrigerant is used when charging your system. Running your unit with too much or too little coolant will reduce your equipment’s cooling ability and increase energy consumption.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Once your unit is installed, don’t forget to schedule your preventative maintenance plan with Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning. With an Air Supply home maintenance plan, you will extend the life or your unit, lower your monthly utility bills and have a more efficient HVAC system, saving you thousands of $$$ by maintaining your new system instead of having to replace your new unit prematurely. Replace, Repair or Maintain? Contact Air Supply Heating & Conditioning today! Let us take the worry out of all of your Air and Heating needs!