It is more important than ever to have an AC that is up for the task of keeping us cool in the Vegas valley. We surely have several more months before we get any reprieve from the heat in this area. That’s why you need to be conscious of the signs that could indicate there is a problem with your AC system. At the first sign that there is a problem, you want to get it fixed so that you aren’t stuck without a working air conditioning system in this Vegas heat. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about some of the things you should be looking for that indicate you may have an AC problem.
How Do You Know if Your AC is Lacking & Needs Repair?
There are usually several different signs that can be present to help you know it is time to have your AC repaired. If you know what you’re looking for, you can have it looked at when you notice any of these signs so that you aren’t without AC for any amount of time, no matter how small. Here is what you should be looking for.
– Warm Air: During the summer months, when your AC system is turned on, you shouldn’t ever feel any warm air coming from the vents in your home. If you do, this is a sign that you have a problem that needs to be addressed. Before you call for help, check your thermostat and make sure that your AC is actually turned on.
– Poor Airflow: When you put your hand by the vents in your home, you should feel good airflow coming from the vents. When the airflow is weak, you might need to simply replace the filter with a clean one. If that doesn’t work, you have a bigger problem.
– Short Cycling: If the temperature outside is in the triple digits, you will notice that your AC kicks on frequently throughout the day. However, if it seems like it is constantly on and off again, it could be short cycling which is a sign that there is a problem.
– AC Leaks: What many people don’t know is that the AC system in their home actually removes moisture from the air while it cools the house down. However, this shouldn’t look like pools of water. If you notice that there is leaking, it is indicative of a problem.
– AC Odors: Smelling dirty socks in your home is never a good thing. You shouldn’t smell anything musty either. This means that there is a problem, and you should have it looked at.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you are experiencing any problems with your AC system, you can turn to Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to get to the bottom of it right away. We will make any necessary repairs to your AC so that you stay cool for the remainder of the summer. Call us today!