The quality of the air within your home is extremely important especially when it comes to the health and wellbeing of your family. According to the knowledgeable experts at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning many homes within the Las Vegas area are lacking when it comes to optimal indoor air quality. The good news is that there are some simple solutions to bring fresh clean air into your home that can improve both the air quality and reduce the amount of toxins and allergens that have the potential to make you and your family sick.
Five Simple Ways to Improve the Quality of Air within Your Home
1. Houseplants: One of the easiest and most economical ways to improve the quality of air within your home is to introduce a variety of houseplants. Houseplants literally breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out oxygen. When you place houseplants around your home you are essentially filtering and cleaning the air along with creating a beautiful peaceful living space.
2. Vacuum on a Regular Basis to Reduce Dirt and Dust Mites: According to research dusting and vacuuming your home at least once per week can reduce the amount of allergens that you and your family breathe on a daily basis. No matter how clean your home appears it can still be full of microscopic allergens that attach themselves to your carpets and soft furnishings. Use a dehumidifier to maintain an optimal humidity level and get your carpets, rugs, and upholstery professionally cleaned at least twice per year to keep your home allergen free.
3. Change Your Air Filters on a Regular Basis: The air filter in your HVAC unit is designed to remove airborne particles such as dust and other antigens but when your filter gets clogged with dirt it can make the air quality within your home worse by acting like a giant sponge that continuously allows the contaminated air to be circulated back into the air your breathe. The experts at Air supply Heating & Air Conditioning recommend changing your air filter monthly using a quality filter that is specifically designed to remove even the smallest airborne particulates.
4. Install a Whole Air Home Purification System: The air quality in your home means more than keeping you and your family comfortable it can make a big difference to family members with compromised immune systems or those who suffer with allergies. Air purifiers are designed to remove 98% of airborne contaminants and allergens including mold spores.
5. Get Your Air Ducts Cleaned on a Regular Basis: Your Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning professional can clean and sanitize your air ducts to provide your home with cleaner fresher air while increasing the efficiency of your HVAC system. When you schedule your air duct cleaning on a regular basis your air duct cleaning technician will be able to identify and repair any problems quickly before they turn into a major issue.
Central Air Conditioning Repair & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Surrounding the interior of your home with houseplants, controlling dust and maintaining the humidity level within your home are a great start to improving the air quality. To learn more about HVAC inspections, maintenance and air duct cleaning services for your Las Vegas, Nevada home, contact the knowledgeable experts at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning today