Spring comes to Las Vegas a little earlier than the rest of the country. When it arrives, you will need to have seasonal maintenance done on your HVAC system. It should be professionally inspected, repaired and adjusted to make sure that the air conditioner and heat pump will work like it’s supposed to so it will work efficiently when the hot temperatures are upon us. Your HVAC system needs to run consistently and reliably to provide heating and cooling without much downtime.
Advantages of HVAC Maintenance
HVAC maintenance must be done by a knowledgeable HVAC professional so you can have a system that works when you need it to, and to see beneficial results right away.
• Improved equipment efficiency that can lower the energy needed to use it and reduce energy consumption by 25%
• A more reliable system with up to 75% less breakdown and 30% reduction is system downtime
• As much as 20% reduction in typical equipment and maintenance costs
• Improved indoor air quality and comfort, with more-balanced humidity levels and less airborne particulates and contaminants floating around
Spring HVAC Maintenance Checklist
1. Change air filters. Air filters work to remove particulates and contaminates like dust, dirt, pollen and other microscopic materials that can affect indoor air quality. This makes it harder to breathe. Filters need to be changed whenever they are dirty.
2. Clean the outdoor condenser units clean. Debris can block vents and reduce airflow. Make sure that leaves, grass, sticks, mud and other litters are removed from the coil and vents. Coils that are bent will also need to be straightened.
3. Clean the indoor components clean. The inside also needs to be taken care of. Clean the blower fans, evaporator coils and control panels and lubricate any moving parts.
4. Check refrigerant levels. HVAC systems need to have the correct amount of refrigerant to function. Refrigerant will need to be added if the level is low and the system will need to be checked for leaks and then repaired.
5. Inspect and calibrate controls. All the controls of the system will be inspected to make sure they are working properly. The thermostat will also be looked at to make sure it correctly reads temperatures.
6. Check electrical components. All electrical connections need to be cleaned and tightened to make sure it all operates properly. Connections can get loose from the slightest vibrations and can cause damage to the system. This can lead to a complete breakdown that could have been avoided with routine maintenance.
7. Check and clear drain lines. The drain lines need to be inspected to make sure there aren’t any clogs. Obstructions can prevent moisture from flowing away freely. There are also algaecides that can be applied to prevent algae from forming and blocking drains.
HVAC Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Before you celebrate the first day of spring, there are steps you need to take before significant temperature changes. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to get your HVAC system ready for the warmer temperatures that are just around the corner. Give us a call today!