Hot summer months mean you’re using more electricity to keep your home cool and comfortable. If you live in an older home with an older unit you may be spending twice as much as you need to in cooling costs. As cooling costs continue to rise, it’s more important than ever to find energy efficient solutions to air conditioning.
Benefits of Upgrading to Energy Efficient HVAC Equipment
1. Save on energy bills. Half of a home’s energy costs go to HVAC systems, and systems that are inefficient will cost you more in repairs. It’s more difficult to find replacement parts and you’ll still have unreliable cooling. Energy efficient systems are budget-friendly and that’s good news when temperatures start to soar.
2. Cleaner environment. Along with more money in your wallet comes the fact that’s it’s better for the environment. Energy efficient systems don’t produce greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming, so you can feel good about helping to keep the environment clean.
3. Total climate control. You will have more control over the temperature in your home. Cooling costs and improved comfort can be controlled with programmable thermostats. Some can be controlled with your smart phone so you can turn it on and off from anywhere!
4. Quiet cooling and sleek design. As long as you go with an experienced installer you can be sure that the system you get will fit seamlessly into the layout of your home. Not to mention optimized airflow and indoor air quality without a lot of noise.
5. No need to cool unused rooms. You no longer need to waste energy to cool rooms that aren’t being used. The energy efficiency of newer systems allows you to control the temperature as needed to maximize your savings.
6. Longer HVAC lifespan. Due to increased efficiency, these units cycle on and off less frequently and tend to have less wear and tear over time. That means you won’t have to replace it as soon as you would with less efficient systems.
7. Possible energy rebates. Energy efficient solutions are popular with the U.S. Government and you may receive tax rebates depending on the unit size and installation.
What is a Good HVAC SEER Rating?
A SEER rating (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) is equal to total cooling output over a cooling season. The higher the rating, the more energy efficient the air conditioner is. The most important thing to remember is that an air conditioner with the highest SEER rating may not be the right one for your home. The age and size of your home, how it is situated, and more, all need to be factored in. An air conditioner that is ENERGY STAR qualified must have a SEER rating of 14.5 or higher.
Central Air Conditioning Installation, Replacement Services & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Is your home ready for an upgrade? Along with a new unit starts long term energy solutions in your home. Take steps to effectively seal vents and insulate your HVAC system. The right company can outfit your home with long lasting results. Your first step is to contact Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning. Give us a call today!