It can be a very confusing process when it comes to replacing your air conditioner. Some businesses may not take the time to explain all the options available to you, consider your budget and help you choose the best system for you. They’re only looking at the bottom line. How much money they can make out of the deal. You want a company that will educate you about the products available and what you can expect from them. Then you want straightforward pricing that works within your budget.
What to Look for when Buying a Central Air Conditioner
1. Central AC Sizing. One size does not fit all when it comes to air conditioners. The size of your home will determine the size of your new air conditioner, and bigger might not be better. A bigger one can cause the air conditioner to cycle more than needed. All this does is raise your energy bills and put extra stress on the system. Hire professionals to evaluate the square footage and the layout of your home to customize a system that will work best.
2. Energy Efficiency. Consider the SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of the system you’re looking at. The higher the rating the more efficient it will be. Higher rated systems will cost more, but the money you’ll save will be well worth it. Older systems have SEER ratings of 6 or less. Compare that to newer systems that have SEER ratings of 10 to 13. Not only will you save money every month, your home will be more comfortable and more valuable too.
3. Building Codes. There are zone building codes that a new air conditioner needs to meet, along with state/federal regulations. Professional installers know all the guidelines to make sure everything is up to code when it comes to installation and repairs. Following these keeps you safe and should never be overlooked. Many older systems are outdated and may not meet codes that are currently in place.
4. Central AC Installation. When a new air conditioner is installed you’ll pay for installation too. You’ll want it to be installed correctly to protect the way it performs and how long it lasts. For example, if you pay $900 less to have an air conditioner installed poorly, the repairs or early replacement will eat the $900 that you saved upfront. You can avoid unnecessary repairs when you have your air conditioner installed by a professional to begin with, so have it installed right the first time.
5. Cost of New Central AC. The cost of a new air conditioner will vary depending on the accessories you choose. Do your homework to decide which options suit your home best. This will deliver the indoor climates you’ll be comfortable with and give you the most value. Choose a company you feel comfortable with, with no pressure and straightforward recommendations.
HVAC Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
It’s a big investment when you purchase a new air conditioner for your home. Trust the professionals at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to install the best system for your home.