Most people can hear the small hum of a central air conditioner operating, however, there are noises that are not good. You are likely to need the assistance of a trained technician to remedy the cause of the unusual sounds. These sounds that should be acknowledged and dealt with immediately is what we at Air Supply Air Conditioning & Heating would like to elaborate on today.
Abnormally Loud Central Air Conditioner Noises
1) Squealing. Within the system, the high pressure builds up, and as it tries to escape, the squealing noises can often be heard. The squealing, if left untreated, the squealing issue can potentially grow into a dangerous problem.
2) Rattling. Similar to a banging noise, the rattling suggests that there is something loose. Being something that definitely needs to be addressed sooner rather than later, the rattling is often a screw or a fan blade that has become loose.
3) Humming. Air conditioners will hum slightly as they operate as we mentioned earlier, and in moderation this humming is normal. When the humming becomes loud and persistent however, that is likely due to refrigerant problems or parts of become loose.
4) Hissing. Usually, the hissing that can be heard stems from a leak somewhere in the system. Throughout the system, leaks can occur any time. You need the help of an expert to pinpoint the origin and make the necessary repairs in the event you hear a hissing noise from the cooling system.
5) Gurgling. Being something that should not be brushed off, the gurgling sounds are another noise that indicate there is serious trouble with your air conditioner. Creating the gurgling sounds is likely an internal leak in your air conditioning system. Since this usually indicates a serious problem, if it is not addressed quickly, it can develop into a more serious problem fast.
6) Clicking. Common with your air conditioning is a soft clicking noise right when it turns on. Keep in mind though, that a louder clicking sound is not normal. If you are experiencing an incessant clicking noise, your air conditioning functionality at its core is having trouble.
7) Clanking. Though some people may use these descriptive words interchangeably, clanking is a different sound than banging. The clanking word describes a sound that is a little tinnier, if this helps to differentiate the sounds. The cause of clanking noises is frequently due to a part moving around in your system.
8) Buzzing. Being something that you should ignore, an electric buzzing sound coming from your air conditioner is usually a red flag that your AC might be having a larger scale electrical problem. You need a licensed professional to trace the problem to its origins and make the necessary repairs.
9) Whistling. This whistling sounds are often generated when dealing with a refrigerant leak.
10) Banging. Since the air conditioner really should not be loud as it is, loud banging needs help as quickly as possible. Usually, the compressor is to blame and needs an expert.
Central Air Conditioner Emergency Repair & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada.
In any case, when the air conditioner system is making any abnormal noises, you should not overlook it and invest in a professional to come and inspect your system. Call Air Supply Air Conditioning & Heating and let our certified technicians help you!