The air ducts to your HVAC system are one of the essential elements to your home. It can impact the impact the overall efficiency, cost, and air quality of the heating and cooling. It circulates the air throughout the home and disperses it into each room. Without the air ducts connected well and allowing proper airflow, the whole Central Air System suffers. Often when the heating or cooling lacks, the air ducts are the last to be considered for issue, when they are culprit. Poor installation or design could be the source of a lot of hot or cool spots in a home in addition to other discomforts. Today, we at Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning would like to take the opportunity to relate the signs when your air ducts should be replaced or modified.
Signs Ductwork in Your Attic Needs to Be Replaced
Air ducts that are over 20 years old should be considered for replacements and if your air ducts are experiencing any of the following issues, they should be replaced or modified to rectify the problem.
1) Abnormal Noises. A clear sign of damaged or dirty ductwork is hearing any rattling, shaking, or other strange sounds from the air ducts. Ductwork is loose and not secured well enough generally makes noise like clamoring or rattling. Airducts that leaking from holes or other means from the air passing over will make whistling sounds. In any case, the sounds indicate the ducts need major cleaning, sealing, repairing, or replacing.
2) Hot and Cold Spots. Uneven temperatures where places in the home feel hot or cold, or similar airflow unbalancing such as supply/return flow, leaks, or obstructions suggest the ducts were improperly sized.
3) Damaged, Tangled, or Kinked Ducts. Over time, the air ducts can wear down and sustain damage. Flexible ductwork section can even be ripped or torn on occasion. If anything falls or weight is placed on it, the ductwork is also subject to damage. Contact a professional if should notice bent, tangled or other damage in the duct work.
4) Static Pressure and Airflow. The supply or return side of the system may require modification providing you have an airflow problem in your house. A new HVAC system doesn’t fit perfectly with the existing ductwork system when we discover often. Modifications are necessary are sometimes necessary adding vents, switching different filters, or replacing plenums and grilles with larger (or smaller) ones. Making some adjustments to the existing duct system is the right solution for static pressure and air flow problems.
5) Poor Installation. Your duct system was improperly sized as well if it was improperly installed. The right sized system and with it efficiently installed, the HVAC system and air ducts will function appropriately, otherwise you will consistently have problems. The ductwork will not permit proper airflow if it is not properly sized and you will see higher energy bill in addition to shorter lifespans of your system.
HVAC Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you suspect an issue with your air ducts, call the specialists with Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning to inspect your air ducts and we will determine if your air ducts are in need of modifying or and overall replacing. Contact us today!