Though the Vegas Desert doesn’t have extreme winters like some parts of the country, we get cold enough that we rely on our heating systems to keep us warm and comfortable. Because they are expensive, you are going to want yours to last as long as possible as a result. There are specific things you do not and do that can impact the lifespan of your furnace. Most homeowners would rather ensure their furnace’s lifespan is not shortened, but maybe even expected. Today, we at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning would like to discuss the general lifespan of your furnace.
How Long Do Furnace’s Last?
Not all furnaces are built the same, so nailing down the specifics of your furnace’s life expectancy is not exact. From a top provider, a well-made furnace should last 30 years or more. A lesser quality, no-name furnace from an unknown source might give you under 10 years of service. furnaces last around 15-20 years on average, however.
What Shortens the Lifespan of a Furnace?
The lifespan of your furnace can be shortened due to a number of factors. These factors can be shortened by the common issues listed below.
1) Inadequate Furnace Installation: A furnace more likely to break down is one that is not installed properly. To do the job right, ensure you hire a qualified technician that has positive customer reviews.
2) Dust, Dirt, and Debris in Furnace: Causing it to work harder and eventually break down, the dust and dirt can build up inside the furnace over time. With regular maintenance, keep your furnace clean.
3) Insufficient Ventilation: It can cause the furnace to work harder and overheat if your home is not properly ventilated. Keep the vents clear of debris and be certain your home is well-ventilated.
How Do I Increase the Lifespan of My Furnace?
There are steps you can apply to help the furnace last until it is projected expectancy, or even longer.
1) Maintain a Clean Furnace: The easiest way to keep it running smoothly and efficiently is with routine maintenance. Check for any problems with ventilation or overheating in addition to cleaning out dust and dirt and be sure to replace filters regularly. Consider installing a ventilation system if you find that your home is not well ventilated as well.
2) Repair Any Furnace Problems ASAP: To avoid breakdowns and major damage, have it looked at by a professional as soon as possible if you should notice anything wrong with your furnace—a rattling sound, an odd smell, or abnormal noises and odors.
3) Invest in Quality Heating Equipment: From the top furnace brands, you can almost always find the longest lifespan warranties. Make sure you do your research and buy from a reputable company when it comes time to replace your furnace.
Forced Air Furnace Heating Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Centennial, Enterprise, Lone Mountain Village, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Peccole Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
The key to making your furnace last as long as possible is regular maintenance. You can help ensure that your home stays warm all winter long, without breaking the bank by following these tips. For professional maintenance, repairs, installation, and replacements in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas, call in the professionals of Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning and let us take care of your furnace.