Even with the summers the Vegas Desert heat offers, many people enjoy the summer from the sunshine to the warmth. When they need an escape from the scorching heat, people rely on their air conditioners to maintain cooler, comfortable temperatures indoors. When the air conditioner’s small, cylindrical part that transmits energy to your AC system starts acting faulty, the otherwise tolerable, or desirable in some cases, summer season can be unbearable. This part, known as the air conditioner capacitor, plays a vital role and with that in mind, we at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning would like to further discuss it today.
How Can You Tell if an AC Capacitor is Blown?
1) The AC Unit is over than 10 years old. The normal wear and tear, on a system that is over 10 years old will do a number on the capacitor. Over time, you can expect to replace the capacitor.
2) Severe short cycling. The air conditioner short cycling during the day, which is normal is when the air conditioner turns on for a time and then powers down to maintain the cool temperatures. It can be a malfunction with the capacitor, however, when you your system switching on and off often or just running constantly.
3) Power bill rises. Most homeowners are familiar with the average power bill you pay during those peak summer months. Your system is working way too hard, and your capacitor could be going out in the event you are noticing a constant increase that continues to increase.
4) Thermostat is not reflecting the set temperature. There is a concern when the setting the thermostat at 72 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer, however, if it is set at 72 degrees Fahrenheit and the temperature never drops under 78 degrees Fahrenheit. You may potentially have to replace the capacitor when can’t seem to get the temperature to a comfortable level.
5) Instead of cool air, warm air blows through the home. It can be presumed that the capacitor is failing should your filter be new, and the air conditioner just simply is not blowing cool air.
6) Air conditioner is not powering up or is taking longer than usual. Your capacitor may have reached the end of its lifespan in the event it feels like it is taking forever to kick on or just plain will not turn on.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Though there are some ways you can test your unit to confirm the capacitor is faulty, it is in your better interest to hire a professional. In the event the capacitor is not the problem, an expert can identify the issue at hand. Call in the experts of Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning and let our technicians assist you with high-quality AC repair services and help your better depend on the air conditioner, in the event you suspect there is something wrong with the capacitor, or if the air conditioner is not performing to its full potential. We are happy to assist you with your HVAC system.