Have you noticed that your AC bills are all of a sudden starting to grow? Maybe it has happened so little over time that you didn’t realize it was even happening. If you find that you have exorbitant energy bills, it could be caused by the fact that your AC system isn’t working the way that it should. While it is common knowledge that running your AC system all throughout the extreme Vegas summers starts to add up, you shouldn’t be paying much more than you have in years’ past. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about some of the reasons you may be seeing higher than normal AC bills this summer.
Causes of Inefficient Air Conditioning
When dealing with an AC system that isn’t exactly efficient, there are a number of things that could be the cause of this. There are, however, a few that are the most common. Following is a small summary of the issues you may be dealing with:
– Refrigerant Leak: Many people think that when their AC system isn’t blowing especially cold air out the vents, that they are in need a refrigerant recharge. The truth is, your refrigerant inside your AC system is a closed system. You shouldn’t ever need to have it charged. If you are losing refrigerant, you are dealing with a leak, and that will require professionals.
– Overheating: If the fan motor located inside your unit is overheating, this will require your unit to work harder than ever to expel the excess hot air as well as the hot air in your home.
– Damaged Ductwork: If you have ductwork that has cracks and leaks within them, it can have a large impact on the efficiency of your system. Not only can hot air make its way into the ductwork, but the cold air will also leak out. This can happen anywhere within your ductwork and can end up costing you. It is most commonly found in homes that are older.
– Poor Insulation: For homes that have always struggled with proper insulation, you know how much it can affect your heating and cooling bills. Also, as your home ages, the insulation within it can become less effective that it has been in the past. Insulation will help to keep cold and hot air from the outside to make its way into your home.
– Debris Around AC Unit: When there is a significant amount of debris found around the outside unit of your AC system, it can cause problems. You should keep your landscaping trimmed and away from the unit as well as remove any debris that may start to pile up around that area.
Central Air Conditioning Repair & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you are dealing with cooling bills that are astronomical, you may have a problem with your AC system that the pros at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning can help with. We will troubleshoot, diagnose and address any problems that you may be dealing with. You can count on us to repair your AC woes. Call us today!