Summers last a little longer when you live in the Las Vegas Valley. When is the last time you had your HVAC unit serviced? Heating and cooling in the average home accounts for almost half of the energy expenses. A well maintained and serviced HVAC system will be more efficient and help you keep your utility bills lower.
Fall HVAC Preventative Maintenance Tips
1. HVAC Replacement. The age of your HVAC system will determine how efficient it is. If yours is over 10 years old, it’s only 50-60% efficient. This is a good reason to replace it with a newer one. The HVAC units that are available today have efficiency ratings up to 97%.
2. Air Filters. Air filters play a big part in how efficient your HVAC system will work. When they get dirty they block airflow and make it less efficient. It’s important to check he filters and replace them when they get dirty. This should be done every month. The folds in pleated air filters trap more particles for a healthier system.
3. Supply Registers. Because cold air falls and hot air rises, you should open some of the supply registers on the first floor and close some of them on the second floor when the weather starts to get cool. This will do wonders in facilitating the heat throughout your home. Make sure you keep them free of dust and debris by wiping them down regularly.
4. Thermostat. Make sure your thermostat is correctly calibrated to enhance efficiency. Programmable thermostats are the best way to manipulate the cooling and heating in your home. Different temperatures can be set for different times of the day for efficiency and can bring heating costs down by 20-75%.
5. HVAC Inspection. You should have your HVAC system inspected twice a year. Inspections will find any potential problems to make sure it’s running efficiently and to save you in a major repair down the road. The inspection will look at the filters, the switches, belts, motors, contacts, refrigerant levels and gas pressure.
6. HVAC Maintenance. Keeping your system running at peak performance happens when you have a maintenance agreement. This gives you an advantage when you need to have it serviced and will keep checkups on schedule. You’ll save money overall and have peace of mind.
Tips to Stay Warm Inside this Fall
There’s no escaping the heating bills ahead. When he weather does start to get colder there are steps you can take to save money.
• Energy can leak out around doors and windows, so make sure they are sealed well
• Make sure air is moving freely through clean vents and ducts
• Have regular maintenance performed
• Use window covering to keep warm air in
• Make sure the thermostat works properly
HVAC Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Seasonal HVAC preventative maintenance should really be left to the professionals. HVAC systems are complex and need experienced technicians to clean them properly and spot any potential problems. Contact Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule an appointment today!