If you have an air conditioning system in your home, then you know just how important it is in keeping you comfortable. That air conditioning system may just be a little more interesting than you thought.
Cool Facts About Air Conditioning
1. The first air conditioner wasn’t created for comfort. In 1902, a publishing company decided that they had had it with their paper expanding and ink running when summer temperatures rose. They decided that they wanted to keep it all in a factory-sized cooler!
2. The earliest AC system had IVY League ties. In 1899, a ventilation system was installed at Cornell University in a laboratory so students wouldn’t have to smell the cadavers they were dissecting.
3. Ice was the first air conditioner. People used to use big blocks of ice to stay comfortable when it would get hot. In fact, the first air conditioners used to base output ratings by how much ice would have been needed to achieve the same cooling power.
4. Movie theaters used to be the coolest place to be. Movie theaters started to install air conditioners in the early 1900s to get people in when temperatures outside were uncomfortable. The idea worked, and theaters were packed because most homes didn’t have air conditioning.
5. Herbert Hoover was the first president to enjoy air conditioning. It must have been hard to run an entire country during a hot summer in DC. Herbert Hoover spent $30,000 just after the stock market crash in 1929.
6. Warmer states would be less populated without AC. There are some states in the US that would be pretty empty without AC. The populations in hot states increased when air conditioning became popular.
7. Summer heat meant school was out. Before air conditioners became popular, it was much too hot to be indoors. This became the time of year that school was out, and families would go on vacation.
8. You air conditioner makes modern medicine possible. Many of the medications that are used today were created in labs with temperature-sensitive tools and equipment. Think about it – without those medications it would be difficult to fight off everything from the common cold to cancer.
9. Air conditioning is good for allergy sufferers. Air conditioners have been proven to have a positive effect on people who suffer from allergies. Air conditioners remove allergens and other particles that float around inside your home or workplace.
10. Americans love air conditioning. People in the US consume more energy to power their AC systems than the while continent of Africa uses entirely. That’s a real love of cooling!
Air Conditioner Spring Tune Up Maintenance, Emergency Repairs & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Now you know just how cool your air conditioner is, and you probably don’t realize how much you depend on it until it goes out in the peak of summer heat. If you want to make sure it keeps you cool when the temperatures start to rise, contact Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning for service today!