Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning is a full service HVAC system contractor that caters to commercial and residential property owners across the Las Vegas, Nevada Valley. Being completely licensed, certified, and insured to provide professional services and expertise at an affordable cost. Our technicians are more than qualified; having the credentials and attributes that excel them in the field. Along with premium quality products and equipment exclusive to licensed professionals, Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning professionals deliver superior workmanship, friendly customer service, and traditional values that consistently make every service we render an extraordinary experience.
Why is My Air Conditioning Unit Making Loud Buzzing or Humming Noises?
Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning intimately understands the mechanics of the air conditioning system and performs troubleshooting services for the commercial businesses and residential homes throughout the Greater Las Vegas, Nevada area, including when the air conditioner produces abnormal sounds.
1) AC Unit Banging Sound. A part that has become loose or broken, like a connecting rod, crankshaft, or piston pin in the air conditioning compressor is the most likely suspect when you hear banging noises. The indoor blower could be off balanced. In any case, Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning will make the repairs, replacements, or simple adjustments wherever applicable to ensure the unit is fully operational and no longer making the loud banging noises.
2) Loud Buzzing Noise from AC. Buzzing sounds can actually be the product of several issues that include; loose parts, excessive debris in either the indoor or outdoor unit, outdoor fan motor is failing, fan blades are out of balance, copper lines from outside to inside are rubbing against foreign debris, condenser coil needs cleaning, air filter needs changing, blower is deteriorating or out of balance, and refrigerant leaks.
3) AC Clanking. Another indication that there loose or imbalanced component, clanking sounds often originate in the sealed area where a component has failed or the compressor itself has become loose. Clanking sounds could also be the result of the indoor blower, outdoor fan blades being off balanced and making rhythmic connections. Clanking sounds should never be ignored as the problem will only continue to grow.
4) Clicking Sound from AC. Electrical components will startup and shut down periodically during normal operation, but continuous clicking sounds is not normal and needs to be addressed. A defective control or failing thermostat are the likely candidates, but with so many electrical systems coursing the overall function of the unit, there could be several reasons as to why you hear clicking sounds.
5) Humming Noise Inside AC. Humming sounds do not necessarily indicate a problem, but it does suggest something is off and ignoring the hum will allow the problem to escalate. Refrigerant piping in contact with a loose part can cause vibrations. Electrical problems could also make a humming noise as well as issues with the compressor refusing the start or issues with the motor.
6) AC Rattling. Rattling noises point to a deteriorating air conditioner along with loose parts or even something as simple as twigs or leaves having clogged the system. Electrical contractor equipment can be experiencing difficulty which can lead to additional damaged components, particularly the compressor. A loose fan, screws, and bolts can be bouncing around in the unit.
7) High Pitched Squealing Noise from AC. Squeaking and squealing sounds are frequently transmitted through the air ducts from the blower and fan. The outdoor units fan motor and the indoor blower motor will squeal to the extreme when they are failing. Additionally the blower wheel and housing will squeal when it is malfunctioning.
8) AC Whistling. High-pitched whistling is not good. If you hear this sound, immediately shut off the unit and contact Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning for services. A refrigerant leak is the likely cause which will damage the unit as well as be a health risk. The screaming can also be because of the internal pressure of the compressor, another hazardous condition that needs quick attention.
Central AC Repairs & Maintenance in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North LV & Henderson Nevada
Abnormal noises should never be ignored. If the air conditioner in your Las Vegas, Nevada and surrounding area home or business is emitting unusually sounds, contact the experts of Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning and let us assist you.