The last thing that anyone wants in their home is a foul smell. Sometimes, unfortunately, there can be foul smells coming from the vents in your home when you are struggling with AC problems. There are a number of foul smells that customers struggle with, and each one of them is caused by something else. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about some of the most common HVAC smells and how you can get rid of them.
How Do I Stop My HVAC Vents from Smelling?
There are some odors that are easier to fix than others. Following are some of the most common odors that you can usually solve on your own.
– Mildew in HVAC System: What many people don’t realize is that your air conditioning system actually removed humidity from your home as it works to cool your house down. When there are drainage issues with your unit, it can lead to a mildew smell coming from your vents. The first thing you should always do is change your filter and take a look at the drain pan to see if you can solve the problem on your own. If you aren’t comfortable, you may need to call on the pros to get the job done.
– AC Smells Like Rotting Garbage: If you smell rotting garbage every time your AC kicks on, you know in a hurry that you have a problem on your hands. This can be caused by a small animal getting stuck in your ductwork and dying. Once it is removed, you should be good to go.
– Cigarette Smoke Smell from HVAC: If the house was occupied by a smoker at some point, there is a chance that you could still smell it when you turn on the AC. Having your system cleaned can help to eliminate the issue.
Can a Smelly Air Conditioner Make You Sick?
While some odors may not be a big deal, you need to move quickly when you smell any of the following odors.
– HVAC Smells like Rotten Eggs: The smell of rotting eggs is usually caused by a natural gas leak. This is extremely dangerous, and the house will need to be evacuated until professionals arrive to inspect and fix the problem.
– Sewage Odor from HVAC: If you are struggling with a severe sewer leak, there is a chance that raw sewage has leaked into your ductwork. Methane gases can be dangerous as this gas is highly flammable.
– Burning Smell from HVAC: Anytime you smell something burning, turn off your system right away as this is a sign of electrical issues that could lead to an electrical fire.
Central Air Conditioning Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you are struggling with a foul odor that is coming from your vents when your AC kicks on, you can call on the professionals at Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning to help you get to bottom of the problem and fix it as soon as possible. Call us today!