HVAC is an acronym for heating, ventilation and air conditioning. But there are many components that comprise of the HVAC system. Today, we at Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning would like to elaborate on the basic components that comprises of an HVAC system.
HVAC Basics & Fundamentals
1) Furnace: The furnace takes a good deal space, in Vegas homes, it is either in the utility closet or garage, and homes that feature basements, that’s typically where it is located. It is an important appliance as it is primarily responsible for producing heat for the home. Some people confuse the furnace and boiler, but they are separate appliances, and furnaces are more commonly used for heating.
2) Air Conditioner: There are two air conditioner units that work in tandem; the outdoor unit, placed just outside the home, or sometimes on the roof, and the inside unit, which is located in the attic space, typically. The air conditioner produces the cool air for the home.
3) Heat Pump: The heat pump takes heat from the inside to the outside during the warmer months and it does the opposite effect during the chillier months.
4) Heat Exchanger: Heat exchanger adds heat to the incoming air from the combustion chamber.
5) Evaporator Coil: A refrigerant, that is a fluid chemical that contributes to the cooling process, cycles through the evaporator coil to absorb the heat that passes from the air going over it. From there, the now, cold air is dispersed throughout your home.
6) Condensing Unit: Much like the evaporator coil for the outdoor unit, exchanges the heat with the air that passes over it, but it gives off heat unlike the evaporator coil.
7) Refrigerant Tubes: The refrigerant tubes connect the indoor and outdoor HVAC units; it is the metal tubes attached to the evaporator coil with the condensing coil. They are constructed to withhold the and cycle the refrigerant under a range of temperatures.
8) Thermostat. This component is the most recognized among homeowners as it is the small device, typically mounted on the wall on the main level of your home, that allows you dictate the heating or cooling system and set temperatures. There are many models to choose from standard basic models, to programmable models, to smart models where it allows more and more features. Some will even remind you to change the filter. Ensuring you have the appropriate temperature settings for the various hours of the days can maximize your cost and energy efficiency as well.
9) Airducts: The airducts are the funneling system, generally in the attic space, that permits the treated air to travel through and be dispersed into the various rooms within your room. The airduct design plays an important role to ensure all the rooms get delivered with warm or cooled air accordingly and to contribute to the indoor air quality.
10) Vents: Vents are the openings from where the treated air is delivered from the airducts. They are the rectangular coverings, generally on the ceilings, that warm or cool air comes through.
Central AC Services & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
These are just the primary basics to your HVAC system. The appliances have a plethora of parts and elements that all work harmoniously to provide you with comfortable warm or cool air. When you have an issue with any of these parts, Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning is readily available for repairs, maintenance, replacements, and installation services. Call us today for the care of your HVAC system.