Homeowners are likely to know a little about their electrical and plumbing, and maybe even about the simple handyman-like duties. However, you should take the time to learn the basics of your HVAC system. Without the basics, you could neglect important maintenance and cost yourself unnecessarily in repair and operating costs. Today, we at Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning would like to share what everyone should know about their HVAC system.
Learning HVAC Basics
1) Professional HVAC maintenance every six months. Letting too much time pass in between professional tune-ups defeats the purpose. Keeping on top of your maintenance prevents unnecessary damage from occurring, keeps it running efficiently and in optimal in condition. With professional regularly scheduled routine maintenance, there is little else the homeowner needs to do. With an expert checkup, the major components are inspected and if any potential issues are discovered they are promptly taken care of to prevent problems and the domino effect.
2) Furnace & air conditioner clearance. Make sure that the appliances, such as your furnace and air conditioner unit, both indoor and outdoor, have at least 2-3 feet of clearance from all clutter and debris. Bushes, trees, and grass should be trimmed back and avoid allowing any type of clutter to pile up around it. Landscaping and clutter promotes filth and pests in addition to causing potential damage. Keeping clear can reduce the dirt and debris, pest damage and other type of damage from occurring.
3) Abnormal smells indicate HVAC repairs. Debris or especially water gets trapped in the system, smells of musty, or stuffy odors emit, you need a professional to discover the cause and get the repairs to avoid mildew and mold growth and remove and blockage.
4) Air filter should be checked monthly and changed every 2-3 months. One of the most crucial pieces to the HVAC system is the air filter. They collect the debris; dirt, dust, pollens, allergens, and contagions continue to get trapped in the filter. Over a short time, the air cannot pass through the clogged filters and cause damage to the system. Checking the filters once a month can make sure they are properly replaced. If you know that haven’t been replaced in 2-3 months, make sure they are changed regardless.
5) Insulation. Air ducts need to be properly insulated for efficiency. The insulation wears thin over time. The air can leak, waste energy and lose temperature in the home. It often causes fluctuation of the temperatures in the house. If that is noticeable, have a professional start checking the insulation around the air ducts, attic, and the walls.
HVAC Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Ensuring you know the basics of the HVAC system and take care of the standard maintenance and recruit a professional for routine tune-ups can ensure your HVAC system runs efficiently, stays in optimal condition, and it lasts to the projected lifespan. When you need to schedule your professional maintenance or require repairs, the experts of Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning is readily available to help you with the overall care of your HVAC system.