From the sunshine to the warmth, many people enjoy the summer, even the summers the Vegas desert heat offers. The locals can rely on their air conditioner to maintain cooler, comfortable temperatures indoors when they need an escape from the scorching heat, and it becomes too uncomfortable. The delightful summer can become an unwelcome experience when the air conditioner’s small, cylindrical part that transmits energy to your AC system starts acting faulty. Known as the air conditioner capacitor, this part of the air conditioner plays a vital role and with that in mind, we at Air Supply Air Conditioning & Heating would like to share a few common signs that the capacitor is failing.
How to Tell if Capacitor is Bad on AC Unit
1) The air conditioner exceeds 10 years old. With a system that is over 10 years old, you can expect for the normal wear and tear may have done a number on your capacitor. The capacitor will eventually need to be replaced.
2) Extreme short cycling of AC. When the air conditioner turns on for a time and then powers down to maintain the cool temperatures, it is the air conditioner short cycling during the day, which is normal. When notice your system switching on and off often or just running constantly, however, it can be a malfunction with the capacitor.
3) Power bill continues to escalate. At the peak of summer, most homeowners are familiar with the average is on the power bill. In the event you are noticing a constant increase that continues to increase, your system is working way too hard and your capacitor could be going out.
4) The set temperature is not reflecting on the thermostat. Setting the thermostat at 72 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer, however, if it is set at 72 degrees Fahrenheit and the temperature never drops under 78 degrees Fahrenheit, there is a problem. When you can’t seem to get the temperature to a comfortable level, your capacitor may potentially require replacing.
5) Warm air blows through the home instead of cool air. Should your filter be new, and the air conditioner just simply is not blowing cool air, it can be presumed that the capacitor is failing.
6) The air conditioner it is taking longer than usual to run or does not power on. In the event it feels like it is taking forever to kick on or just plain will not turn on, your capacitor may have reached the end of its lifespan.
Central Air Conditioning Troubleshooting, Diagnosis, Repair & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
It is in your better interest to hire a professional though there are some ways you can test your unit to confirm the capacitor is faulty. An expert can identify the issue at hand should the capacitor be not the problem. In the event you suspect there is something wrong with the capacitor, or if the air conditioner is not performing to its full potential, call in the experts of Air Supply Air Conditioning & Heating and let our technicians assist you with high-quality services and help your better depend on the air conditioner.