When the air conditioner is not operating, it does not necessarily mean it is in need of repair. There are a number of circumstances that can result in the air conditioner not flipping on or not functioning to its full potential. Instead of wasting your hard earned cash on repairs that you likely do not need, we at Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning have compiled the most common reasons as to what could be making your air conditioner suffer that you can adjust yourself without necessarily needing repairs to get your air conditioner back up to par.
Troubleshooting Problem of Air Conditioner Not Cooling
1) Power: During power outages, the air conditioner cannot work as it runs on power, before you call for repairs, ensure that your home is not experiencing a power outage. There could be other circumstances that have cause the unit to lose a source of a power.
2) Air Filter: Air filters are designed are designed to be changed regularly. Ideally, they should be checked on monthly and changed every 3 months at the maximum. The filters accrue a lot dirt and debris and when they have buildup, the airflow is restricted causing the air conditioner to not perform at its peak performance. When your air conditioner is lacking, check the air filter first.
3) Batteries: Thermostat may be the source. Typically batteries in your thermostat last about a year. If your thermostat is not showing signs of life, it cannot communicate with the air conditioner. Replace the batteries in the thermostat to see if that remedies the problem.
4) Circuit Breaker: The circuit breaker to your air conditioner could have been tripped, simply reset it when it needs it. The circuit breaker is also referred to as the fuse box. However, if the circuit breaker frequently trips it is a good idea to call out a professional to find out why.
5) Drain Line: The air conditioner drain line or the condensation pump might be clogged, causing the air conditioner to shut itself off. Cleaning out the line can easily get the unit up and running again. This issue sometimes is better handled with professionals if you are not comfortable with cleaning out the drain.
6) Safety Switch: There is a safety switch on every air conditioner unit that can be accidentally flipped. The switch is in place to keep leaking water from the air conditioning unit from seeping into the ceiling and walls of your home and prevent water damage. Avoid bypassing the switch or it could result in water leakage.
AC Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If your air conditioner unit continues to experience problems even after these above mentioned adjustments have been made, call in professional assistance. The specialists at Air Supply Air Conditioning and Heating are readily available to help you if your Las Vegas Valley air conditioner is not functioning correctly or at all. We will assess the problem and make the necessary repairs as quickly as possible to get your unit working as efficiently as possible. Contact us today.