There will come a time you’ll need to replace the heat pumps in your home. Unfortunately not everything can last forever. However if you maintain properly and care for your heat pump, it will help extend its lifespan. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning is here to share a few signs that your heat pump has come to the end of its lifespan and it is time to replace it.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Heat Pump
1. Frequent Heat Pump Repairs. As a few components can break down in a heat pump, it makes sense to repair as necessary. However if you find you make more than a couple of repairs a year, it might be time to replace your heat pump. It might seem expensive to replace a whole heat pump but it might actually be cheaper in the long run. Start adding up the cost of all of the repairs you have already made and if it is old and consistently needs repair it’s at the end of its life anyway.
2. Heat Pump Making Loud Banging, Squealing or Humming Noises. HVAC systems, especially your heating system, are designed to run smoothly and with minor noise. If you hear anything louder than a humming noise, there might be a problem. As the components wear out they will begin to make noises. The louder the noise, the bigger the problem. Noises can help diagnose your problem and help with repairs, but if the noise continues after repairs have been made, your heat pump just might be dead.
3. Increased Heat Pump Energy Bill. A subtle sign that your heat pump is on its way out, and sooner rather than later will need to be replaced, is a rising energy bill. After the usual winter maintenance has been done and you notice that your energy consumption and you bills keep rising, your heat pump is working unusually hard. This might be a sign that a component has gone out and will need repair or replacing.
4. Hot or Cold Rooms in House. There are areas in our home where the temperature may seem either hotter or cooler than the rest of the house. This could be due to how the home faces the sun. However if there are some rooms that seem warmer and more humid and seem to be inconsistent in temperature, this could be a sign of a heat pump issue. It could be as simple as a blocked vent or a dirty filter needs to be changed. Nonetheless it is worth having a licensed technician check out your heater. The component might need repair but most likely your heat pump will need to be replaced.
5. Heat Pump Age. The most obvious sign is age. If your heat pump is older than 10 to 15 years of age, expect it to be coming to the end of its lifespan. Even with regular maintenance a heat pump will only last so long. If all of the other signs are creeping up on top of it being an older heat pump it is time to replace it.
Heat Pump Installation, Replacement, Repair & More in the Las Vegas Valley, Summerlin, North LV & Henderson Nevada
All machinery wears out over time and will need repair and eventually replacement. If your heat pump seems to not be working as well at it use to, or shows any of the signs previously listed, you may want to consider that it is time to replace your heat pump. Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning can come inspect and repair or replace your heat pump as well as all your HVAC needs. Contact us today to help keep you and your home warm this winter season.