Throughout the Las Vegas, Nevada Valley, commercial business owners and residential homeowners has a reliable source for all of their HVAC system needs with Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning. Being a fully licensed, certified, and insured HVAC contractor has given us the opportunity to offer out professional expertise at an affordable cost. With state-of-the-art products and equipment along with remarkably skilled trained and experienced technicians that deliver quality workmanship. Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning is dedicated to ensuring each experience with us is phenomenal; friendly customer service, superior execution, and traditional values are just a few examples of what we consistently bring to every service we perform.
Central AC Keeps Running When Turned Off!
Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning of Las Vegas, NV offers troubleshooting solutions for commercial and residential customers locally and in surrounding areas when they are experiencing difficulty with their HVAC system, including when the air conditioner won’t shut off. The air conditioner is designed to cycle off throughout the day and when you realize that it hasn’t, you shutter at the thought of your power bill. Not only will the air conditioner that refuses to shut off consume additional power, but it is also putting a strain on the air conditioner, expediting the wear and tear.
Why Is My AC Running All the Time?
Below are a handful of the most common reasons the air conditioner to your Greater Las Vegas, Nevada home or business will not shut off and troubleshooting solutions that could work.
1) Evaporator Coil: If the evaporator coil is at fault, there is one of 2 things that can be the contributing factor; dirty evaporator coils or the evaporator coil is frozen. If you have neglected maintenance, both professional and your efforts, the coils may be built up with layers of dirt and debris. If air is restricted, the air conditioner cannot function efficiently. Gently clean off the accumulated filth. In the event the coils have frozen, it is not delivering the cool air the thermostat has programmed it to. Shut the air conditioner off and contact Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning to diagnose the issue at hand.
2) AC Filters: Clogged filters are the root of many issues. As with the restricted air not sufficiently passing through the evaporator coils, the airflow is blocked be excessively dirty filters, causing the air conditioner to work overtime to compensate. Additionally, some owners will install a filter that is too restrictive for the system; those are generally the filters that feature allergen removers. To correct the problem, select a filter with a lower MERV value to allow proper airflow.
3) AC Refrigerant: Generally a leaky refrigerant that causes low levels in the air conditioner is causing the air conditioner to generate more than it should. A professional from Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning will come and repair the leak as well as recharge the refrigerant to get the A/C operating at peak performance if this in fact the problem at hand.
4) Thermostat: The thermostat is the source of the operating system; if a problem begins at a faulty thermostat, the air conditioner may not know when to turn off, causing it to continually operate. First check to ensure the settings are accurate on the thermostat and if you believe the thermostat is faulty, consider replacing.
5) Air Ducts: Air ducts can have leaks, especially in older homes or buildings. Insulation may have diminished or the joints may not be sealed. No matter the cause, cool air that escapes throughout the air duct system will not be delivered into the rooms, making the A/C continuously, run. Professional repairs from Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning.
6) Condenser: Much like the evaporator coils, if the condenser is obstructed or filthy, the air conditioner is unable to produce the cool air as normal and it will continually run to achieve the ultimate goal set by the thermostat.
7) Blower Motor/Fan: If the fan is not running at full speed or the motor is not producing enough air, efficiency is lost and a simply fan speed adjust is all that is needed. Additionally, if a layer of grit is on the blades, cleaning them can get them functioning at their full potential.
8) Insufficient Size Unit: Size does matter when it comes to the proper air conditioner in your home or building. If the unit is too small it cannot adequately supply enough cool air for the space. In conjunction with accurate calculation, insulation, and direct sunlight among other factors are considered to ensure proper size.
Central Air Conditioning, Heating Services & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If your air conditioner is continually running despite your efforts to rectify the problem, call Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning and let our experts solve the problem to the air conditioner in your Las Vegas, Nevada home or business.