Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning is a full service HVAC system contractor, catering to commercial businesses and residential homes of the Las Vegas, Nevada Valley. With the certifications, licensing, and being fully insured, we are readily available to provide our professional expertise at an affordable cost. Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning prioritizes our valued customers with friendly customer service, high morals, traditional values, and superior workmanship. Utilizing high-end products and equipment only dispensed to professionals, Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning can ensure maximum results. With our technicians being among the elite; with experience, training, and talents that excel to deliver quality execution, we can expect customer satisfaction on a consistent bases.
How Important is a Clean Air Filter?
Air Supply heating and Air Conditioning assists the homeowners and business owners of the Greater Las Vegas, Nevada area with a number of air conditioning troubleshooting services including when a dirty air filter is involved. Playing an essential role in the operating system; the air filter does much more than clean the air circulating through your home or business. Changing or cleaning, depending on the type, is only one of the important steps required to properly maintain the air conditioner. Clean filters promote energy efficiency, air conditioner performance, and help you avoid issues as well as minimize the need for repairs.
Clogged Air Conditioner Filter Symptoms & Problems
Las Vegas, Nevada and surrounding area homes and businesses that neglect the air filter responsibilities can experience any of the common problems:
1) Short-Cycling: The air conditioner is designed to cycle on and off here and there throughout the day, however, when the filter is excessively dirty. The cycling becomes more frequent than necessary. In addition to increased energy consumption, you will experience noise pollution, and uneven and uncomfortable temperature adjustments.
2) Freezing AC Unit: A clean filter contributes to the freely flowing air within the unit. When the filter is compacted with dirt and debris, the airflow is restricted; causing the cool air to build up, thus the internal temperatures to drop; over time the buildup will eventually form ice on the coils.
3) Unbalanced Cooling: Before the freezing coils and during, the restricted air flow prevents the air conditioner from functioning at its full potential, resulting in uneven cooling where hot and cold spots can be felt in the home; lowering the comfort levels and increasing the operating cost.
4) Allergens: Respiratory issues, such as allergies, asthma, or other problems can especially be impacted by filthy air filters. The allergens easily buildup in the filters and linger, continuing to contaminate what little of the air flow cycles through. In addition to the filters being riddled allergens, the air ducts will begin to accumulate with the allergens, including mold spores, introducing mold into the air ducts.
5) Wear of AC System: When properly maintained, including the mundane filter cleanings, the air conditioner has an increased lifespan. A well maintained filter will stop the dust from settling on the internal components where as a clogged filter will permit the granules to settle on the surface, expediting the wear and tear by up two years.
6) Poor AC Efficiency: Saving the few bucks and resisting the need to change the filters impact the cost later down the road. Not only will the energy bill rise, but the air conditioner will not operate at peak performance, and continually try to compensate.
AC Inspections, Troubleshooting, Emergency Repairs & More in the Las Vegas Valley, Summerlin, Paradise, North LV & Henderson Nevada
By simply including monthly maintenance on the air filters, the beneficial gain is well worth the time. In addition to professional maintenance, you can significantly enhance the performance and longevity of your air conditioning system. Call Air Supply Heating and Air Conditioning if your Las Vegas, Nevada home or business is in need of maintenance or repair services.