Summers is Las Vegas mean air conditioners running 24/7. That means your power bill can skyrocket. How can you help your air conditioner run more efficiently and save as much money as possible this summer?
How to Save Money on Air Conditioning in Summer
1. Home energy audit of house air sealing. Don’t cool the neighborhood! Older homes are more likely to allow cooled air to seep out into the neighborhood through worn out window seals and doors. It can also happen through an attic that is insulated poorly and cracks throughout the home. You can have an energy audit done on your home to determine how well your home is holding cold air in. An auditor can also determine if your home has leaks and let you know how to make your home more energy efficient.
2. Smart thermostat upgrade. Smart thermostats can regulate heating and cooling when you’re not home to save money. These thermostats also allow you to adjust the thermostat remotely with your phone and smart home platforms like Alexa or Google Home.
3. Thermostat placement. The wall your thermostat is on matters. If it’s next to a window that gets hot, your air conditioner will turn on more often because it thinks the room is hotter than it really is. For the best results, put your thermostat on the wall of a room that is used the most.
4. Close the blinds and curtains. Windows allow the hot sun to heat up your home. Avoid this by closing the blinds during the hottest part of the day to keep the sun out. Closed blinds will also help insulate your windows to prevent cooled air from escaping.
5. Cool feeling of ceiling fan. Another way you can make your home feel cooler is to use a ceiling fan the right way. Using a ceiling fan can have a room feeling 10 degrees cooler, you just need to make sure it’s moving counterclockwise so the cool air will be pushed down. You can install a high-tech ceiling fan that you can control with your phone to schedule start and end times. This can help your home feel cooler before you get home at the end of the say.
6. Don’t set your AC too low. Set your thermostat to the highest temperature that you can live with to save the most money. The smallest change can save you a lot of money. A thermostat set just 10 to 15 degrees higher for eight hours each day can save you 10 percent a year in cooling costs. The ideal indoor temperature should be 78 degrees F when you are at home.
7. Change the air filters. The easiest way to maintain your air conditioning system is to change the filters regularly. This might be monthly during the summer months. Clean air filters help your air conditioner work more efficiently to cool you home and will keep your energy bills lower.
Central Air Conditioner Services & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Staying comfortable while keeping energy costs reasonable in the summer can be tricky, but it’s not impossible. Use these tips and contact Air Supply Heating & Air Conditioning when you run into problems.